Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, i am pretty pumped, my scott's came today! My question is with the sweep control valves. In the book it doesn't really explain how to set these? I like the damper but seems pretty complicated compared to a linear one, hope i made the right choice. Any info if greatly appreciated.
TroyBoy

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
G-Force Junkie : leave it the way it is and just adjust the left knob (one with the plastic pointer) to suit you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have a Scotts too....the stock setting seems to provide the widest scope so it's best to leave it as is. Just remove the plastic knob cover with the point and put it back on with the pointer pointing somewhere where you'll know you'll be able to identify if anyone messes with it.

I'm happy with mine and have had it several years. Customer service is good too if you ever need any.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HondaGal, i will give it a try and play from there.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No, no, don't leave it the way it is!!! (J/K) Actually it works pretty well as shipped, but what I did is adjust the sweep angle to the narrowest possible angle. This way you never even know it's on there when you're doing parking lot type speeds, but you've got nice damping when you get into situations where the 'blade is prone to shake it's head. I'm really happy with the way I've got mine set up, and for me, the sweep angle adjustability is a huge advantage of the rotary style dampers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is set up pretty much stock also! I only adjust the left knob depending on road conditions/ riding conditions.

My question for you Scott's owners is:

Have you ever noticed a very slight moisture coming from under the left knob? I wouldnt call it 'leaking' hydro fluid, but I have noticed a tiny tiny amount of the hydo fluid that has seeped out from around the left knob. It doesnt seem to harm the equipment. Normal?

All in all the scotts is awesome...well worth the money!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts