Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, Have just fitted a scotts to my 954 and can't find any info on which is the best setting for the sweep control. The generic instructions talk about 12 o'clock or 44 degrees yet it came set at 6 o'clock or 78 degrees. Does anyone know which is recommended?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Gblade, but I'm talking about the setting of the small screws on both sides - the ones that control the range or sweep over which the damper works. Did a search but nobody seems to mention what setting they use.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i have everything set at factory recommendations .. 7-8 clicks out on the low speed and sweep in the 12 oclock position :smilebig:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I left my settings at factory also. I thought with the sweep set so wide that it would be more noticeable at low-speed manuevering, but it's not at all. Deliberate attempts at inducing tank-slappers gives a quick jerk to one side, but then all is calm as the damper takes over. Money well spent, IMHO.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Have had mine sitting around 11:00 after trying this & that. Like since '00 on my 929.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts