Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Dyno Numbers? CBR1000RR

Yah I see your point but I got the filter for 20 bones and its brand new. The stainless mesh looks pretty small but I don't have a stock filter to compair it to. I was told it has the highest flow rate out of all filters on the market. It could just be the guy really wanted to get ride of their inventory.Thanx for the reply.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
This is what Scott's says about it:
"This should be the last oil filter you will ever buy! Made from laser cut, medical grade, 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth, this filter provides 200% more filter area in many cases. Most good paper filters will pass particles in the 90 to 95 micron range, and some tested, as much as 300 microns. Sand is about 125 microns and a white blood cell approximately 25 microns. Our stainless filter catches items down to 35 microns "absolute", which is about 3 times better than most good paper or brass filters. The pleat seam is welded, able to withstand up to 600 degrees in our filter, not glued, like paper filters."

This is what Amsoil has to say about their filter:
"AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters (EaO) have the best efficiency rating in the industry. EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency."

Wix filters:
"WIX oil filters use an up-front by-pass valve. This design is superior to top-mounted valves because it helps to keep oil from washing past dirty media and entering the engine. The glass-enhanced media in WIX oil filters offers greater efficiency, capturing more 10 to 12 micron sized particles than other cellulose/synthetic blend medias. They also have a coil steel spring to ensure internal filter parts are sealed properly."

Scott's says 35 micron, Amsoil says 15 microns and Wix says 12 to 15 microns.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
WIX is a great product in my opinion

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Most of the oil doesn't get filtered at all, especially at higher rpm.
Use whatever filter you prefer but replace your oil regularly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts