Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year was my second year on track and it was F'ing amazing! LOVED IT.

But i have a problem with scrapping my stock pegs so i bought a gilles rear set hoping that it would fix the problem. I raised the pegs up and back to the max and for the first couple of laps i didn't scrap then as i got faster and lower i started to scrap them too.

Is the 954rr just a bad design for rearsets being too low or is there something else i can do to raise my pegs and/or bike? i'm running 190's and pretty much everything else is stock. 2003 954rr

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
you might need to change ur posture, with the correct posture you don't have to lean the bike over as far to get the same amount of turn

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'd agree. Unless your sag is way too low my guess would be that you aren't getting off the bike enough.
Do you have any photos of you cornering - especially in the turns where you're scraping?
What do you weigh?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hang off the bike more. What are the cliche sayings?... Kiss the inside mirror, outside forearm on the tank, ass cheek off the seat. Either way. Hang off the bike, too much lean angle is never good.

Thumbs up for a local.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yip, mate of mine trashed his triumph last year with the same problem, you can see from the photos, the bike is banked over plenty and he was scraping the pegs, but he is still completely on the bike, if he got off a bit more, the bike wouldn't need to go over as much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts