Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pit Bull Wheel Chocks

Etrack Solution
SERIES E TRACK WHEEL CHOCK From reviews this is a:thumbd:

or

STStands.com::: Stands In Use Nice but $$$

I am purchasing a trailer; the plan is to leave my bikes in the trailer when I am not using them. Am I too assume that it is not good for the bikes to be tied down for weeks/months and the STstand is the best solution?

Also does use an Etrack mounted chock that they would recommend? The Problem with the pingle, is this corrected with the latest design?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Ya I already have one Baxley and they are great. I am just not convinced they are the best for in the trailer.
I was a skeptic, but now am a recent convert...mine have worked very well during loading, towing and storage thus far.

Am I too assume that it is not good for the bikes to be tied down for weeks/months
This will surely dissolve into an vortex.... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
This will surely dissolve into an vortex.... :evilaugh:
I don't know why you'd say this. I've stored my bikes for up to two years at a time, strapped in a trailer with the front forks COMPLETELY bottomed out, and never had a problem. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't know why you'd say this. I've stored my bikes for up to two years at a time, strapped in a trailer with the front forks COMPLETELY bottomed out, and never had a problem. :idunno:
:stirpot:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
ST Stands. :thumb: Have two and won't go back to anything else. Watch out for the Pingels if you have large rotors.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
For "traditional" wheel chocks, definitely Pit Bull. The trailer place near me patented a bracket for mounting chocks into etrack, either horizontal or verically laid etrack.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
on the right column on this page: Wheel Chocks
look at mounting plate for wheel chock. You bolt your chock to this, and it clips into horizontally mounted etrack. This is what I use, so I have vertical track running the length of the trailer for the tiedowns, then shorter pieces in between horizontally for the chock. No vertical adjustment, unless you install more horizontal track.

He did develop a large plate that will hook into vertically mounted track, but I don't think he marketed it. He'd probably do one for you though. If you go that route, ask for Glen.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Just make your own chock out of 2x4s and use ratcheting straps until there is no more give in the suspension.
You could leave it like that all winter with no ill effect.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Hey Purpdust, what did you end up doing? My bike has been in the trailer for months now and I need to find another solution to secure it as well....
If the trailer won't be moving and it is in a secure location, I just put the bike on front and rear stands and call it a day for storage.

Why tie it down if the trailer is parked ? :idunno:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts