Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pretty wide dude, the gf is not - normally this is a benefit, but not when she's behind me on the zx for about 30 minutes or so. Her arms get tired with a quickness as she's basically just clinging onto me. I realize a sportbike is not the thing to be touring around 2-up on, but the KLR isn't really pleased with 2-up riding :D and until I can get an ST1300/superXX/FJ or similar, this is what I gots.

So aside from the buddy belt, is there anything else out there or maybe something I'm just missing that will make this more palatable for her?

Before the feminists attack me, she got her permit this year and has an MSF class scheduled, and a good selection of gear...so yes I plan on a 'proper' fix for the above, but sometimes it's still nice to do the 2-up thing.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hmmm. Some type of grab handle. My Ventura luggage has a grab rail that can be fitted to the L brackets when you don't have the larger bracket for the luggage attached. Other than that, the buddy belt may work. Yeah, being a passenger on a sportbike just isn't a ton of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaGalToo said:
Hmmm. Some type of grab handle. My Ventura luggage has a grab rail that can be fitted to the L brackets when you don't have the larger bracket for the luggage attached. Other than that, the buddy belt may work. Yeah, being a passenger on a sportbike just isn't a ton of fun.
Yeah I didn't think of that, but maybe I could adapt something hmmm...

The buddy belt seems to fill the bill, but it seems that the 'buddy grips' are in the back, or can only be used in the back and like...i'm not a horse? But seriously riding on a sp-bike isn't fun - but it's less fun when you have to sit leaning back to get a hand-hold - on a bike you should be leaning forward on :huh: . That would also not help the wheelie-factor any either, lol.

·
Registered
806 Posts
HRC NICK 11 said:
Wear a belt and let her hang on to that.
:eek: And be sure to tell her you're really sorry when she falls off! I've seen girls rip jackets holding on... Hate to see what would happen to a belt...

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hot glue or,

get a corbin seat with a backrest. She still might have to hang on a bit but shouldn't be all that much.

Lose weight is the other option. If she can reach the tank have her rest her hands on there. What the ex used to do, worked great.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LUCIDDREAM57 said:
just loft the front wheel a few inches, she'll secure herself from that point on.......
Heh, that takes that 30 minute number above and makes it 5, ever tried to maintain balance point whle getting the heimlich?

For those mentioning weight loss - while im sure I could stand to lose 20# or so, the weight I'd have to lose to make this any different would require a bone saw. Emphasis on wide - not so much emphasis on fat ;) or to use some of the terms Phobe keeps using in pm's - I'm not a BBM, sorry.

Thanks all for the eye deers tho.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
Heh, that takes that 30 minute number above and makes it 5, ever tried to maintain balance point whle getting the heimlich?

For those mentioning weight loss - while im sure I could stand to lose 20# or so, the weight I'd have to lose to make this any different would require a bone saw. Emphasis on wide - not so much emphasis on fat ;) or to use some of the terms Phobe keeps using in pm's - I'm not a BBM, sorry.

Thanks all for the eye deers tho.
Post up a fulllength pic of ya and we can give ya some options from there.:evilaugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts