Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Security while I'm away is a concern, particularly since my house does not have a garage. But I think I've come up with a good solution in the meantime that will let me go to sleep at night knowing I've done what I can. (Plus, it's nice to have things tucked away and out-of-sight.)

I poured a 4x8' concrete pad in back of the house and constructed a locker that has 2 hinged sides and lid that can be locked. (The structure is bolted to both the pad and the house.) The doors open fully flat against the house, so I can just back straight onto the pad. I've used a thick metal sill bracket over the locking ring, and when I'm done, this thing might actually be more secure than a garage! Still got finish the roof and exterior and I'm toying with some ideas using steel rods in the doors for even better protection, but overall I'm pleased with the result. Obviously not a help to apartment-dwellers, but I figured I'd pass along the idea to others.

pic #1
pic #2
pic #3
pic #4
pic #5

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
niiiiiiiiiice.......creative.........good thinking there regener8!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Nice!! I like it. You're nifty with that carpentry, aren't you?

Just make sure no critters (wild animals) will eat their way through and become your bike's flatmates.

May be I am paranoid, but I would also fit a ground anchor to the concrete to chain the bike to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts