Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of Michelin Power Ones on order for my 08 blade & due to supply problems I was talked into the 190/55/17 rear rather than the 190/50/17 that the bike was originally set up for. My calculations tell me that the rear will be about 3/8 inch (10mm) higher. Has anyone here made this change? Would you recommend raising the front of the bike to compensate? Should I go up a tooth in the rear sprocket to compensate for the difference in tire diameter? Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm running a 190/55, bridgestone BT003 on the rear.
You will find the bike tips into corners a bit easier, Shouldn't really notice any difference in stability.
I was running stock suspension settings at the time and found it was an improvement if anything.
Don't ask why it just seemed to feel better. someone with more knowledge would probably be able to say what the effect would be.

·
Registered
55 Posts
are you putting your bike on the track or just the street???
if just street then it wont make much of a difference. you may not even feel the difference. in my opinion, you shouldnt have to do anything but mount the tire and enjoy the ride. my guess is that someone told you to get the different size so it would last more miles right. it might or might not but i dont think youll have a problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input folks. Tunil; In response to the questions: I'm likely to do 8000 miles on the street & 200 on the track this year. I do spirited riding in the twisties, although I have to ride 100 miles to get to the twisties from here. I did get to spend a couple of days in the Deals Gap region last month (God I wish I lived there.) I got the 55 series because of unavailability of the 50 series & my adventuresome spirit. I know that higher mileage comes with different, slightly less grippy tires. The jury is still out on how these power one's are going to do in the rain though. Best regards & cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts