Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya new to the site basically im looking for some advice really ive currently became a owner of a 1996 Honda fireblade cbr rrt, I bought the bike as spares or repairs and there was no mot as it failed on fork seals, pads front and back and the clutch needed changing. ive had it around a month and sorted the brakes, clutch, new battery as the bike was stood for 8 months also new oil filter and plugs and new chain. however it starts fine and idle fine etc , therefore soon as I pull the clutch in and select gear the engine suddenly dies. now gearbox wise without the bike running all gears are fine as soon as its running and first is selected it just cuts out.

can anyone give some advice as it would be much appreciated thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,119 Posts
hiya new to the site basically im looking for some advice really ive currently became a owner of a 1996 Honda fireblade cbr rrt, I bought the bike as spares or repairs and there was no mot as it failed on fork seals, pads front and back and the clutch needed changing. ive had it around a month and sorted the brakes, clutch, new battery as the bike was stood for 8 months also new oil filter and plugs and new chain. however it starts fine and idle fine etc , therefore soon as I pull the clutch in and select gear the engine suddenly dies. now gearbox wise without the bike running all gears are fine as soon as its running and first is selected it just cuts out.

can anyone give some advice as it would be much appreciated thanks

:welcome:

Dies like the clutch isn't working properly, or does like a safety switch engages? Is the neutral light working? Is it in gear, with the clutch pulled in when you click it in first? Sounds like a safety switch issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response basically as soon as the clutch is pulled in the gear is selected it slowly dies and then cuts out completely and no the neutral light doesn't come on, would you how or where to find the safety switch many thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,119 Posts
Clutch switch is at the lever perch, neutral switch is below drive sprocket left side of engine. Check the wire that comes from the neutral switch to the harness for fraying or grounding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts