Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got photo's or plans for a self build table type bike lift? Seen some other have been inventive so i thought maybe there are more of you. i'm having some trouble with mine at the moment... Cheers!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I built mine out of 2 x 2" .065" wall square tube. Aprox. 24" wide (measure your rear stand to make sure you make it wide enough) and about 7 feet long (short enough to fit cross ways in the bed of my pickup truck.) The legs fold flat up into the frame for storage and the brace bar holds them flat during storage/transport. To assemble, I pull the hitch pin and clevis pin out, swing the brace out, pull the leg out, and connect the brace to the leg with the pin. The top of mine is skinned with 1/8" aluminum diamond plate. I'll see if I have pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys, none are really how i planned but definately good ideas! Water ninja is that just the one threaded bar that does the lifting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah its a m16 structual threaded rod, i am looking to finding a threaded rod with a more agressive twist rate to make lifting quicker

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
coderedcbr said:
I got mine from Ryan Hoffman at Willow springs
Now that is a nice looking unit. Is that home built or something Ryan sells? How much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
gt702 said:
Now that is a nice looking unit. Is that home built or something Ryan sells? How much?

Thanks.
Ryan's dad makes around $250 to $300. My only problem is the weight the frame is steel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
water-ninja, m16 hey, thats pretty cool, i didn't think that it would cope with the weight but obviously it did. I considered your idea but with a table top instead of those forks you use but i didn't like the idea of the pole standing right in front of the engine... thats where i wanna get to! Plus i'd have to buy extra materials. Like you so far all i've "paid" for are welding rods and grinding discs... my original idea was like the one with the rc-51 above (scissor lifting mechanism) but i'm going with something slightly diffirent now..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts