Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old realitor called me today...some people from down state want to offer 70K more on my house then I owe, and 30K over what I had it appraised for a few months ago.

I would make some fast cash, pay off all my bills, and I could get another house...what would most of you do? I am getting married in june, and I have no kidos. :idunno:

CRAZY! :eyebrows:

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
If you can pay off all your bills before you get married, I'd say its a good deal. Just don't overspend on the new house. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sacto929 said:
Your realtor called today with that offer? Call them back tomorrow to ask if it's still good.... :rolleyes:
they know I am going to be getting married in june...and would wait til after the wedding I was told. The are cash buyers, and just want to know they have a home ready to come to.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
not to sound like an arse, but what makes your house so special that a realtor would just walk in off the street and offer you that price? it is not weichert is it? they are notorious for that sh!t in NJ

if they are willing to go x amount right off the bat, they will go for more. I sold my house for 45k more than i was asking and didn't have to push anybody hard

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
showmethebombs said:
they know I am going to be getting married in june...and would wait til after the wedding I was told. The are cash buyers, and just want to know they have a home ready to come to.
Sacto said what he did because of today's date. ;)

Let me threadjack for a moment here. The words realtor and realty are two syllable words, pronounced real-ter and real-tee, respectively. It absolutely drives me nuts when people say real-a-ter and real-a-tee, and I am on a mission to change the world in this regard! ;)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Pete said:
Don't forget the capital gains tax on gains that are not invested in the new house.
If thats his only dwelling, then 100% of the profit is tax free... I know it works like that in NC, I thought that was a country wide tax thingy... :idunno:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
showmethebombs said:
My old realitor called me today...some people from down state want to offer 70K more on my house then I owe, and 30K over what I had it appraised for a few months ago.
$70K more than you owe? Being thats their first offer, you can get more... Milk'em!

·
Registered
130 Posts
showmethebombs said:
true it is april fools! LOL but this is real.

Sorry, I am slow on the fools day! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you also considered how hard it is to find a new home if that's the case in your area.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, I have. its a sellers market...so I am going to see what I can pull from mine, then get screwed in the buyers market! LOL I called my realitor and told her I would consider things, and shes going to take the family for a drive by at my house. Its worth a shot. Never know unless you try!

·
Registered
130 Posts
showmethebombs said:
yes, I have. its a sellers market...so I am going to see what I can pull from mine, then get screwed in the buyers market! LOL I called my realitor and told her I would consider things, and shes going to take the family for a drive by at my house. Its worth a shot. Never know unless you try!

Goodluck, you never know. That's the dilemma I'm having. We want to upgrade to a bigger home and it'll be easy to sell but finding another one will be tough.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
If thats his only dwelling, then 100% of the profit is tax free... I know it works like that in NC, I thought that was a country wide tax thingy... :idunno:
I was thinking the same thing. Was it Clinton that passed the 'first home' or 'only on one home' deal that you can keep the gains without penalty? :idunno:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I think you already know....it's a buyer's market in many regions of the country right now. You might want to research the cost of another house before you commit to anything. You may find out that even with the $70k profit, you won't get what you want.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It's a buyer's market up here too. Our interest rates are at record lows... In fact, I just bought a condo; I lowballed the asking price by more than 10% and they accepted without a negotiation! d'oh, coulda gone for less.

Anyway, if this gig is for real, (not "ree-all", I'm mean "ree-eel" for pete's sake) then I'd say go for it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts