Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my 929, but I would like to know what some of you think as to what the best way to sell it is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
A direct mail campaign; or perhaps telemarketing.

But seriously, I've had equal success with local print classifieds (Thrifty Nickel) and internet classifieds. I think I sold my last bike from an ad on something as unlikely as Yahoo! classifieds.
I would post it on as many free forums as possible, because even if you get no response you're not out any money. It sucks spending $40 or so for some of these ad sites and get no response.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just repeating what I said in another thread: put it up on eBay, and/or get help from nhfirefighter13.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Just repeating what I said in another thread: put it up on eBay, and/or get help from nhfirefighter13.
I'm going to have to put you on the payroll if you keep this up.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Nov. 11 2003, 4:45pm)Just repeating what I said in another thread: put it up on eBay, and/or get help from nhfirefighter13.
I'm going to have to put you on the payroll if you keep this up.
Whaddido?

Just calling it how I see it. Have you gotten any PM's about any of it yet?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yup yup. Thanks, BTW.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just tell everyone you know that rides and for those people you know that don't ride you have to convince them to!

and I second posting it on all the boards you can find.  You can also spread the word at cycle shops.  Most have bulletin boards where you can post an index card w/info and/or a picture.  If you have a military base nearby, find a way to get it into the Base paper.  It's free and military ppl buy stuff like that like hot cakes.  I should know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
GhostRider : My last two bikes, I sold by just parking it outside my place with a FOR SALE sign.  
Oh man does this work too! You wouldn't believe how many ppl watch you and admire your machine. If you put it for sale right where it has always sat it will get noticed. Aggressive pricing always helps too. I sold my second bike at such a good deal, it was sold five hours after the ad came out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote I'm considering selling my 929, but I would like to know what some of you think as to what the best way to sell it is? For as much money as possible is my general strategy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts