Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2003 954. I have 6500 miles on it and was out today on it & put about 50 miles on it. Then on the freeway I took it up to 160 mph then back to a stop & I noticed antifreeze leaking on the left side. Pulled the left panel off and I couldn't believe what I saw.
The motor has a hairline crack just behind the antifreeze tank. It is seeping antifreeze when I start it. I am out of warranty and don't know what to do????????? Has anyone heard of this ????? Do you think the honda dealer would stand behind this ????

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Sorry, can't help with your question, but it would have been really cool if the engine had cracked, spilled oil in front of your rear tire, and the rear end came around causing a firey and fatal crash at 160mph on the freeway. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Sorry, can't help with your question, but it would have been really cool if the engine had cracked, spilled oil in front of your rear tire, and the rear end came around causing a firey and fatal crash at 160mph on the freeway. :thumb:
You are supposed to come back from Disney world all happy and peaceful :confused:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
ConqSoft said:
(Didn't go to Disney; Universal.)

How can you be happy and peaceful when some immature fool is piloting a 160mph missile on the same roads with your family and friends?
Just kidding, I figure someone that feels the need to add the speed (excessive) when describing a engine problem has an ego issue as it is irrelevant to issue.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You ar an ass buddy. You don't know any circumstances of thetraffic for you information the road is hardkly used so mind your own business if you have nothing to add about the issue at hand. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
712 Posts
rsol said:
You ar an ass buddy. You don't know any circumstances of thetraffic for you information the road is hardkly used so mind your own business if you have nothing to add about the issue at hand. :evilaugh:
Ummmm, it's his site, therefore his business. As for the crack....I would imagine you wouldn't have a problem using some JB weld :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
rsol said:

I was in the process of robbing a bank and my Glock jammed while I was trying to bust a cap in the bank teller. Talk about embarrassing. Had a round stovepiped...could it be the cheap russian ammo I'm using :idunno: ? Really could use some help here!

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
rsol said:

:nono:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
rsol said:
Wow you might be more informed before you post. While Conq's reply might have been harsh why did you feel it necessary to add the speed comment? A simple I was riding and this happened could have gotten you the same info (or in this case maybe more) Think on it, and good luck on getting your ride running correct again.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
rocket said:
I was in the process of robbing a bank and my Glock jammed while I was trying to bust a cap in the bank teller. Talk about embarrassing. Had a round stovepiped...could it be the cheap russian ammo I'm using :idunno: ? Really could use some help here!

Brilliant, Rock!

:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
In before the lock. :p

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
rsol said:

What road/location, and what time of day? Also, PM me your name/address and license plate info.

kthx.

·
Registered
960 Posts
BDA116 said:
Neither Honda nor any vehicle manufacturer will "stand behind" any vehicle that has been abused.
Whether or not it is viewed as appropriate for anywhere but the track, a full throttle run up to 160mph on a warmed up engine would not constitute abuse. I don't know anywhere in the manual where it says don't ride this bike WOT for more than 20 seconds or it may blow up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts