Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hooked the stock headers, HTEV and mid-pipe back up today although I didn't hook up the cables going to the servo motor. No FI light yet, is this normal? what is the effect of running the bike without it hooked up for a few days? What position should I set the HTEV valve in..openn or closed?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
The servo motor pulls on the cables to open and close the exhaust valve and the flapper in the air box. As long as its plugged in and working properly (it will still turn even without the cables attached) then your light won't come on. The computer still thinks everything is hooked up and working properly.

I broke a couple of the little plastic gears that are inside the servo motor so mine doesn't work. So what the dealer did for me is safety wire the exhaust valve into the fully open position. So its open all the time. I didn't want to buy another servo motor because I don't have the money and I'm gonna get a full exhaust this summer anyway so we just rigged it up. I haven't noticed anything bad yet, in fact it feels like it has a little more power over the entire rev range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CBR929RE said:
The servo motor pulls on the cables to open and close the exhaust valve and the flapper in the air box. As long as its plugged in and working properly (it will still turn even without the cables attached) then your light won't come on. The computer still thinks everything is hooked up and working properly.

I broke a couple of the little plastic gears that are inside the servo motor so mine doesn't work. So what the dealer did for me is safety wire the exhaust valve into the fully open position. So its open all the time. I didn't want to buy another servo motor because I don't have the money and I'm gonna get a full exhaust this summer anyway so we just rigged it up. I haven't noticed anything bad yet, in fact it feels like it has a little more power over the entire rev range.
Did you unplug your broken servo motor from the system and how did you do it without getting the error code? I have also broken servo motor (probably the same problem you had) and I don't know how to disconnect it so that I won't get red light+FI :idunno: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts