Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reconnected my servo motor and i think i replaced the cables wrong wen i turn ma bike on it clicks i think the cables are put on wrong. does anybody know which cables go were

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Can you turn the pulley by hand?
The mark on the valve should be pointing forward normally and you should be able to turn it clockwise 90 degrees to point up and anti-clockwise 90 degrees to point down.
Witht the engine running it should point forward at idle and at 3000rpm it should turn to point up.
At 8000rpm it should point down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

If you install a brand new servo motor there is a pin in it which holds it in a locked position. The cables you removed should only be able to reach the correct holes on the exhaust valve hwne it's in this position. It's a bit of a stretch from memory though and you need to unhook one of the exhaust valve cables from its guide to get it fully onto the exhaust valve pulley. Can;t remember which one but I'll look it up in my manual if you're still having problems.

If you're reinstalling the old servo motor you should short the two terminals on the service code connection block (small open two pin connector behind the battery). This will turn the servo to the correct position for cable installation. Then you need to put a pin in the hole on the servo pulley. This will lock it in the same position as a new one would be. Don't forget to take the pin out once you've connected the cable and before you start to adjust them.

Here's how to adjust them:

Remove the locking pin on the servo motor.
You'll see the adjuster nuts on the cables by the exhaust valve. Turn the ignition on. The lug on the exhaust valve pulley should line up with the groove on the casing at the 9 o'clock position. It's easy to see. Then short the 2 terminals on the service code connector block again with a bit of wire or paperclip. You'll hear the servo turn. Check the position of the lug again. it should now be pointing straight down and lining up with the groove at 6 o'clock on the casing. Lastly, while in this position, check that the markers on the airbox flapper also line up straight and adjust that cable if necessary (the adjuster is in the middle of the cable near the servo motor)."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts