Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
Has anyone on there cbr929 used the servo motor just for controlling the exhaust valve and left the air box flap disconnected and removed the flap. if so were there any problems doing it this way. Also has any body fitted hel brake lines and if so are they any better than standard brake lines. I mean comparing the two if the standard were new. Also, what are the latest model fireblade rear wheel or front i can use on my cbr929 using original axles, spaces, discs, sprocket carrier, etc. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
hello
Has anyone on there cbr929 used the servo motor just for controlling the exhaust valve and left the air box flap disconnected and removed the flap. if so were there any problems doing it this way. Also has any body fitted hel brake lines and if so are they any better than standard brake lines. I mean comparing the two if the standard were new. Also, what are the latest model fireblade rear wheel or front i can use on my cbr929 using original axles, spaces, discs, sprocket carrier, etc. Cheers.
Removing the flapper won't affect the HTEV so that'll work fine.
I make my own brake lines using Goodridge line. Huge improvement in braking power and feel but I have no idea about HEL.
I know the wheels up to '07 are a straight swap but I think somebody told me '08's are different.
I think you need the sprocket carrier with the wheel though because the sprocket carrier bearing and spacer is different.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
will 954 servos and 929 servos interchange, or are they different?

they look identical, however the part #'s are slightly different:

'02 954RR
MOTOR ASSY., SERVO
31420-MCJ-750

'01 929RR
MOTOR ASSY., SERVO
31420-MCJ-640
Interchangable I think.
I've been told the 954 has better gears than the 929 but I've never opened a 954 servo up to compare them. They still break though.

·
Registered
824 Posts
ya youl probably see a little dip around 3-5K...probably shouldnt be too bad...SS brake lines are great...i think the performance between the different brands is probably marginal though...i went with galfer GP lines...and the are sweet...HEL are supposed to be one of the best though...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok cheers for the advice, i have been running the bike without the exhaust valve working and pinned in the mid range position and air box flap removed with no real problems apart from it being down on horses slightly dyno tested. took it drag racing which it did'nt do bad considering conditions at the time, but would like the valve working to see if there is improvement on time and speed. Have gone for the hel lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.