Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey!
Gonna buy a new helmet during the winter, and wondering how the fitment of Shoei is compared to Shark helmets. Have a borrowed Shark Speed-R at hand which fits somewhat good on my head, but maybe a little ''short''.. Digs a little into my forehead.
For the record, Shark helmet saved a buddies life in a hard crash last season so i see these as good helmets :p
Any thoughts or experience on this? :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Both are good helmets but you really need to go with the one that fits you best, I would avoid the helmet that digs into your forehead as it will most likely give you a headache on long rides, Arai is another quality helmet that you could try. Make sure the helmet is a firm fit and if it is a little tight around the cheeks it will loosen with time but avoid tightness around the forehead.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice :) have an ooold Arai at the moment, but got dropped hard while I was moving.. was a nice fit, but I'm very curious about Shoei. Any idea how they fit compared to Shark? Guess i got a long head x)

Edit: reason I'm asking is that there is no nearby shops who have neither shoei or new arais, so gotta order..

·
Registered
269 Posts
You will need to make the effort to try them on for size as it will be a lot of money wasted for a shelf ornament if it doesn't fit and there is no quicker way to ruin your ride than having an ill fitting helmet. Make a day of it and go to a store where you can try them for size before ordering it on the net.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts