Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My gawd there are some HORRIBLE people that audition.

It's a great window into the side-effects of the Self-Esteem movement in America. That really sad part is that some not only have not clue they truely stuck but will defend that *fact* they are great performers. :rant:

"Oh yes Jr. Just because you are 5'1" you can be the worlds best basketball player ever and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! You can do ANYTHING" :rolleyes:

yeah... the Self-Esteemers need a reality check... confidence is a great thing.. over-confidence is really annoying and blind-self-centered over-invlided ego can be downright dangerous... :rant:

By the time the show is over I've laughed my ass off, felt horrible bad and experienced complete shock.... and in the end I don't know how *I* feel! :hmm:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The she bang guy was FUNNY...my wife and I were in tears...I think I stopped breathing for a moment...

·
Registered
364 Posts
My wife and daughters will happily attest to the fact that this sort of "talent" will
send me from the room writhing in sheer agony. While I watch very little television,
somehow it seems I happen upon these sorts of performances by pure bad luck.
I'm absolutely in agreement with Holeshot. Where do they find people like
this, and why is America subjected to it at all?

:rant:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Holeshot's right on the money. These are the people that have had their family and friends telling them all their lives that they're talented and they can do anything they want, because they think this kind of support and encouragement is helpfull. When what they should have done is find a constructive way to tell them that maybe this isn't where their talent lies so they could move on and have some chance of finding where their real talents lie and be successfull. Now the reality check is that much more cruel and they're so ingrained with horsesh!t that it's too late for recognition and they'll continue to pursue the wrong path. Because DAMMIT they can do it!! They're good enough and smart enough and doggonit people like them!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Being an Asian American more specifically a CHINESE American like this guy..it hurt me...sniff...sob...

But yeah he was FUNNY! The producers KNEW exactly what they were doing when they let him pass. I mean come on....ugggh.

I was dying when I saw it :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I don't know what's more sad...the fact that the producers put some of those people on the show for a laugh, or the fact that some of them really think they're talented.

Even though he was completely talentless as a singer, I thought the "she bangs" guy was cool. No pretense, no self-consciousness...he did his thing, everyone laughed, he said "no regrets" and marched on his way. :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
A wiser man than I once said "Don't condemn another 'till you've walked a mile in his shoes", so I shouldn't say anything.

I don't pretend I can sing, dance, play an instrument good or anything like that, but:

JEZUZ CROW THAT WAS PAINFUL :confused: :huh: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Did anyone notice that the guy looked like he had some kind of handicap? Maybe he was mentally retarded? I'm not joking, the guy looked like he could of had 'Down Syndrome' or something of the sort.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
dB said:
Even though he was completely talentless as a singer, I thought the "she bangs" guy was cool. No pretense, no self-consciousness...he did his thing, everyone laughed, he said "no regrets" and marched on his way. :)
I really respect him for that, though it was funny as hell. its the big thing around work, everyone is dancing like him and singing it. I also thought it was funny when they told him to stop, he stiffend up like a board. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is it me or are all of these American Idol episodes maybe mildly amusing but not really worth sitting through the whole show? Everyone at my client watches it but I just can't seem to sit through more than a few seconds. Even the video posted here, yeah, ok, another guy who is not as good as he thinks, so, um, ok.

I mean, its just America's Funniest Home Videos all over again to me. I watched that once and couldn't really sit through that again, either.

Whatever, at least the WRC season has started.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
AsianImage said:
Being an Asian American more specifically a CHINESE American like this guy..it hurt me...sniff...sob...

But yeah he was FUNNY! The producers KNEW exactly what they were doing when they let him pass. I mean come on....ugggh.

I was dying when I saw it :rotfl:
I will say a couple of things fo this guy. At least he has a grasp on reality. He we polite and mature and give it a shot. Pre-audtion he said this is nothing like I've done before.. etc.

Now Mr. Cowboy.. he's a perfect example of an over-under achiever.

You guys are dead on IMHO, and you phrased my thoughs better than I did.. :) (working a 70 hour week tends to turn me into more mental mush than I normally am).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts