Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i ahve been running this stuff in my 929 for 5-6 years and now in my 05 1krr for several oil changes
now carrys the JASO-MA rating but on shells web site says energy saving
i know JASO-MA for motorcycles with wet clutches but was told to steer clear of energy saving oils??? any one look into this further yet looks like a better formula oil

And i hate to start another OIL THREAD!!!! did not see this pop up in the search

- Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic

·
Registered
42 Posts
now i ahve been running this stuff in my 929 for 5-6 years and now in my 05 1krr for several oil changes
now carrys the JASO-MA rating but on shells web site says energy saving
i know JASO-MA for motorcycles with wet clutches but was told to steer clear of energy saving oils??? any one look into this further yet looks like a better formula oil

And i hate to start another OIL THREAD!!!! did not see this pop up in the search

- Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic
After reading the link, it's not possible to tell if "Energy Saving" is referring to the additives that they put into car oils to call them "Energy saving" or if this is simply a claim based on viscosity, etc. I dropped an email to their support department and will post the answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.