Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a replacement spring which returns the shifter back in the middle. I can't remember the name of the company which makes them, but was told by a friend they are much stiffer. The company might be Barret???

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I don't know of any shifter that has springs on it but what I think you mean are clutch springs. and you're really close, Barnett makes heavy duty clutch springs. they're good, I have them in my bike.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I think you mean a positive detent kit or something like that?
I have heard of them but no idea who makes them.
APE perhaps?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm, well i am a little confused. The springs which push the clutch plates together use to slip but I replaced those, and no more slipping. My problem is I use a shifter which slides forwards and backwards. On up shifting I would push it forward and it would return to the center position when I let go. Now I have to pull it back into place. I am thinking a spring pushes it back into the cenetr position and that spring wore out...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Does the lever on the shifter shaft work okay when you disconnect your hand lever?
My guess is it wasn't designed to cope with the extra weight you've got (compared to the OEM shift linkage and lever) and since you have the room I'd suggest fitting springs and a detent to the hand lever itself.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am looking for a replacement spring which returns the shifter back in the middle. I can't remember the name of the company which makes them, but was told by a friend they are much stiffer. The company might be Barret???
Long time a go there was a company I used for an aftermarket detent spring kit it was Factory.....I think this what your looking for? FactoryPro Shift Kits Just a word of advice when I installed one on my FZR 1000 I hated it, made it hard to find neutral at a stop eg. at a stop light......no problem rolling stops but dead stops sucked. Don't know if it was the kit or some other problem so I just lived with it. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts