Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Shoei and need some opinions on visibility. Has anyone used one of the spectra mirror shields? I have always used Dark Smoke on my past helmets. Thoughts....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it seem to scratch like the older ones you mentioned.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Be careful with mirrored shields as they mask the light diffraction interference of oil and water, making it difficult to see oil or antifreeze on the road surface.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful with mirrored shields as they mask the light diffraction interference of oil and water, making it difficult to see oil or antifreeze on the road surface.
Really? I think that pretty much seals my decision then. Being so hot down here, that would be a bad thing.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I have a mirrored Arai Blue that I like for track use. Don't care for it as much on the road. I think the blue gives better depth perception than a smoke but you do have some of the effect that Abtech stated. :idunno:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you haven't been down to here, most roads it seems that the center of the lane is unusable, especially during the summer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here is a product you might be interested in. Sunshift :: ACSAS Technology Corporation
Its a face shield that changes from light to dark in the sunlight. I called a few months ago about it, and they said it should be available soon. No changes to the website though concering its availability. Ill have to give them a call and find out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just bought my first Shoei and need some opinions on visibility. Has anyone used one of the spectra mirror shields? I have always used Dark Smoke on my past helmets. Thoughts....
I have the Spectra Mirror also for my Shoei X-11 and durring the day I love it expecially over here on Okinawa where the sun is banging. I use the standard clear one at night though. I love how the Shoei shields come off really easily when you want to change them out. I have to say though I have never used the Dark Smoke so I can't honestly compare the two but I do love the Spectra Mirror besides it looks really dope too....

Tim

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Spectra Mirror also for my Shoei X-11 and durring the day I love it expecially over here on Okinawa where the sun is banging. I use the standard clear one at night though. I love how the Shoei shields come off really easily when you want to change them out. I have to say though I have never used the Dark Smoke so I can't honestly compare the two but I do love the Spectra Mirror besides it looks really dope too....

Tim

Here are a couple of pictures I just took.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
G'day Dudes! I just got a brand spankers Shoewi, love it. For visor I chose the gold mirror finish. It is brilliant and, coincidentally (sic), it matches my yellow bike:):eyebrows: . Rather chuffed to get the helmet bag too and it goes on when the lid comes off!:hmm: Even at night I get a clear view and there is something intimidating about a blank helmet, the cage drivers don't see my goofy grin, they simply fear the 'unknown'. I reckon you need every trick you've got to keep 'em at a distance!:evilaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts