Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just at the title said guys, should I lower my bike
i'm only 5'4" and I have to tip toe to touch the gound.
I wanna low it another 1" or more. but the dealership guy told me that
it's not a good Idea becouse it's going to case alot of clearance problem.
exactly how many Inches off the ground am I going to have left if
I lower it 1" or 3"

any input is great. and sorry about the dumb question. I'm perty sure you guys get these questions alot form newbies

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
not a dumb question at all...

You will lose ground clearance, but that may not matter to you unless you are a heavy track day participant. If you do trackdays and the like, I'd suggest leaving it at stock height or higher!

But assuming you aren't lowering it is easy. Conqsoft got a new linkage (for princess' bike) setup for the rear that lowered the rear a bit (while keeping the amount of travel) and then dropping the forks in the tubes would complete the front.

There is a thread on this forum about that. See if you can find it...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Shift Down - I'm shorter than you and I refuse to lower my bikes. ( I do have to pick them off the ground occasionally.......)

Just scootch over and use 1 foot. As I've said many times in the past, you only need to have one foot down while playing pool or screwing in a hammock, so why should riding be different? :smilebig:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
CBRVFR said:
Shift Down - I'm shorter than you and I refuse to lower my bikes. ( I do have to pick them off the ground occasionally.......)

Just scootch over and use 1 foot. As I've said many times in the past, you only need to have one foot down while playing pool or screwing in a hammock, so why should riding be different? :smilebig:
Like this guy?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
OUCH!

A little bit of burning going on there!

I never do anything but put one foot down myself, but if da man wants to lower it, make it so!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
...I was hoping you didn't have the one with the hammock....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Funnily enough, the Honda race team in Oz last year was having problems getting the 600RR dialled in until they lowered the rear. They were shocked, as usually they were used to jacking the rear up (and/or dropping the front). BUT, their "dropping the rear" may mean that it was back to standard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts