Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you shrink leather? I bought a pair of teknic violator gloves and they are a little to big. Can they be brought down in size anyway?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've had good luck with the "hanging in the closet over winter" method. I'm not sure if that works on gloves, but I know my 2-piece Dainese always seem a lot more snug when I get ready for the first ride in spring.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I had to shrink my AS GP pro gloves, they were about 1in. too long in the fingers.

I submersed them underwater in the bathtub for about an hour (till they are saturated) and then set them on the vent till they were completely dry (took about 24hrs).

I ended up having to do this twice and now they fit great. They may be on the tighter side once done but that is good since they will stretch and conform to your hand.

(the white leather will turn grey when its wet but will return to its normal color once dry)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alexandra said:
I had to shrink my AS GP pro gloves, they were about 1in. too long in the fingers.

I submersed them underwater in the bathtub for about an hour (till they are saturated) and then set them on the vent till they were completely dry (took about 24hrs).

I ended up having to do this twice and now they fit great. They may be on the tighter side once done but that is good since they will stretch and conform to your hand.

(the white leather will turn grey when its wet but will return to its normal color once dry)

That how mine are. A little too long in the fingers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts