Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The other day, my sidestand indicator came on as I was riding down the road and has been on ever since. Firstly does it double up as another indicator and if not, is there a way of just disabling it, as it is really bright and quite distracting. I disconnected it and tried to short it out, to cancel it, but to no avail. Also, there are three wires going to it not just two which implies that it is connected to something else somewhere. Three wires for an on off switch implies to me that it is being used as a logic AND or a logic OR. Can anyone enlighten me on this please.

Kind regards

Rob

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi guys,

The other day, my sidestand indicator came on as I was riding down the road and has been on ever since. Firstly does it double up as another indicator and if not, is there a way of just disabling it, as it is really bright and quite distracting. I disconnected it and tried to short it out, to cancel it, but to no avail. Also, there are three wires going to it not just two which implies that it is connected to something else somewhere. Three wires for an on off switch implies to me that it is being used as a logic AND or a logic OR. Can anyone enlighten me on this please.

Kind regards

Rob
Seems to be two switches in one?
One closes when the stand is up, and the other closes when it's down.
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/at...g-diagrams-wiring_diagram_cbr900rr_r-s_uk.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting that Bladeracer, This then means that I have a short in my wiring harness somewhere, as the light does not go out when the prongs of the connector are shorted. How slightly annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts