Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good write up on instalation, parts needed and what not. The bike in question is my friends 95 900RR. Anyone got a good link :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done the conversion on a 97. If you are serious, then my advice is to get a 94-up vfr750 arm. This way you won't have to get a shock linkage made. You do have to get some spacers to take up the slack when you bolt the arm onto the frame. Since you have a 95, you can use your stock 530 chain (same amount of links too). When you fit everything together, you will find that the rear end is now about an inch higher. You can fix that with an adjustable aftermarket shock or a 96-99 stock shock which is 18mm shorter than the 93-95. On mine, I have had a shock linkage made with a fox shock and longer dogbone to suit my taste. I also have the 17 front conversion using 120/70/17. The conversion also makes the wheelbase 32mm longer.

Regarding the rear wheel, you can use a vfr800 but will need to change the bolts on the hub or grind the back of the wheel to make it fit right ( i would change the bolts). Or use a 90-93 8 spoke vfr750 wheel since it is 5.5 inch wide. The 94-97 is only 5 inch not good for 180 tire.

It took me about 3 months to acquire all the parts, but doing this conversion will add a little weight to the bike (not much). It is ok for me since I don't race, only canyon rides. The handling of the bike is as good as stock, but it took me awhile to get it setup to my taste. If you have any other question, i will be glad to help as much as I can....Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts