Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys use them? If so what do you use and how long do they last you? I never ride my bike in the rain as I have had my share of riding/crashing in the wet and am looking to get a set of slicks. I was looking at the Michelin 1800 from STT but they take forever in my experience to ship things, although the price is great.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I use Pirelli Dragon slicks front rear. I can get 2 trackdays out of them. I currently have Sc0 super super soft front with a Sc2 soft rear. I have a couple pratice sessions and a 6 lap race on them. I plan to kill them at a trackday at Pahrump in a week and a half.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Repeater said:
Slicks for the street?

Wonder if they would warm up enoff to be usefull over regular dot treaded tires.
his bike description says track bike.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I've been running Pirelli Dragon slicks for a couple of years now (SC1front/SC2rear) and like 'em a lot. They heat up fast, stick well, and I can get a couple of track days out of them. A track buddy started using the Michelins last year and raved about them... :twocents:

·
Registered
622 Posts
RRWANTR said:
Hey Mark...heard the SC0s may not be available any more...
With the whole Local vendor mishap it may not matter. Thinking about switching to Michelin PRs. Save a couple bucks and there stepping up there contingency program. And the Vendor at Willow isn't a flake.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much do you guys pay for them? I was only switching because I was told that they will last a little longer then the Power Race (med/soft F med R)which I'm getting about 4 days out of.

Repeater-
I have a trackbike and I am running warmers, thanks for the concearn though ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nickelii said:
Do any of you guys use them? If so what do you use and how long do they last you? I never ride my bike in the rain as I have had my share of riding/crashing in the wet and am looking to get a set of slicks. I was looking at the Michelin 1800 from STT but they take forever in my experience to ship things, although the price is great.
I ran the Dunlop 195 X 70 X 17 slicks on my 929--compunds vary pending on track/temp--the triple compound 3136 (med-hard) rear is the snizzle with a med (758) front--I doubt that you are goona find any other tire manuafacturer with the triple compound and 195 width--Now I am spolied and get the 205 x 16.5 x 65--even mo better

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have put slicks on the street. They did great, just gotta be carefull and know when they are cooked and out of heat cycles. But ya' can still get some miles out of them. Just dont get in the rain on them, very slick, and hope if you get pulled over the cop doesnt notice you have slicks on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts