Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
So I was doin some light cleaning of my 1993 900rr, the rear sprocket mostly, and found it was able to move back and forth without moving the tire. Is this normal?
As long as it's only slight play it's fine - that's the cushdrive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I certainly do not not have the experience of Bladeracer, but I would not ride your blade until you pull the rear wheel and check your bearings. I noticed the exact same free play last summer on my 96 (about 28K miles) and decided to pull the wheel only to find my bearings shredded. Scarred the crap out of me because I didn't notice it while riding. I am not on the track of course. This may not be the case, but definately worth a check. Real easy fix if it is as long as you have a puller to get the old ones out. Only about $15 for new ones.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went to check my bike. I can move the sprocket without moving the wheel, but I have to hold the wheel still with one hand, and apply a bit of force to move the sprocket. It shouldn't have any free play in it, just some movement with a bit of force. There should be no side to side movement at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"bigredone35," not sure about the fit, but just wanted to drop a thank you for getting back to me about the items you had for sale posted weeks ago....not. Do yourself a favor and check the bearings, its a quick check if you have a stand and a socket to fit the axle and nut.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the parts that were for sale. Im very busy these days with a baby coming, moving into a new house and working 14hr days. I apologize to anyone that was interested in the parts for the 900rr, but unless you live local.............. I just dont have the time. Thanks to all that gave me advise on my cush drive and possible bearing situations.:surrender:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.