Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing a slip-on exhaust on an 06 CBR1000RR do I lose the exhaust valve? What's the impact on low-mid range performance? I'm looking at a Jardine slip on for my bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
With a slip on or half system, you keep the exhaust valve. With a full system install, you loose the exhaust valve. The bennifets to not having an exhaust valve are more HP at the top end, one less thing to adjust, less weight, and sometimes they rattle. The HTEV does provide backpressure at low rpms wich increases torque at slow speeds. Usualy, if you get a full system, and drop down a tooth in the front sprocket, you wont notice the slight power loss at arround 3K rpm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
nope
you lose the exhaust valve with slip ons as well
you are thinking bolt on systems where only the can is replaced.
with a slip on the pipe is also replaced.
on the 06 the servo for the cables is below the rider seat in the same black plasic box as the trunk release. that valve is mainly there for noise control
and will not affect performance when it is gone

·
Registered
135 Posts
nope
you lose the exhaust valve with slip ons as well
you are thinking bolt on systems where only the can is replaced.
with a slip on the pipe is also replaced.
on the 06 the servo for the cables is below the rider seat in the same black plasic box as the trunk release. that valve is mainly there for noise control
and will not affect performance when it is gone
:plus1: Ok, I was speaking from experience on my 954, the 1KRR is set up differently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that checks. I looked the bike over last night and saw the valve assembly. The new two-outlet Jardine looks fuggin sick, so I'm going to have to get one. :)

Thanks for the replies.

A

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh man, what can a newbie understand? Sato, Arata, Akra, Jardine, Yoshi full? slip on? :confused: :confused: :confused: which one? :crying:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ive recently put a REMUS bolt on unit and she performs well up
the top end :thumb: ,and has a top note to match.Havent seen many 06 cbr1000rr here in OZ with much else.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all, I just installed a yoshi slip on on my 06 1000rr and there is 2 cables i believe them to be the exhaust valve cables, I left them hanging there, they dont seem to be bothering anything...the bike got 400 miles on in and it seems to be missing maybe, might be trippin any info would help, what do I do with these cables if anything,
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just fitted the Twin Jardine Carbon slip on onto my 06 1K, confirm remove ex valve and the cables, I experienced FI fault light until I completley removed the cables, I little fiddley but once removed the cables, and servo was back in correct position FI fault gone. Take care as the servo gears are not that robust. DONT PULL AND TUG. Located just behind rear key box, not as stated with the Jardine kit.
Cheers
Rhodie

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you install a full system and get rid of the valve...then isnt backpress down to a minimum?...isnt that bad for the engine?
The valve is for emissions. To do it properly, you should have a Power Commander to richen the mixture. The length of the exhaust supplies plenty of back pressure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts