Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined, got a question to post. This year I purchased a new (holdover) 2007 900F Honda. Still have my 1986 Fj1200 Yamaha that I have been riding for 20+ years. The 919 feels like a bicycle with an engine ( a very large engine). Would replacing the front tire with a 130/70-17 ( stock is 120/70-17) slow down the steering inputs, giving the 919 a different feel?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Just joined, got a question to post. This year I purchased a new (holdover) 2007 900F Honda. Still have my 1986 Fj1200 Yamaha that I have been riding for 20+ years. The 919 feels like a bicycle with an engine ( a very large engine). Would replacing the front tire with a 130/70-17 ( stock is 120/70-17) slow down the steering inputs, giving the 919 a different feel?
I'd be looking at improving the steering of the FJ rather than retarding the steering of the 919.
Try raising the front and lowering the rear if you want to slow the steering.
The FJ's have the soggiest suspension of any bike I've ridden, even when they were new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Bladeracer. Guess i'll have to get some more seat time on the new bike.The fj1200 does have some upgrades= Fzr wheels, new forks, *********** rear shock, Brembo brakes. You just have to tell it what to do, instead of just thinking about it on the 919. Happy motoring.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Thanks for the reply Bladeracer. Guess i'll have to get some more seat time on the new bike.The fj1200 does have some upgrades= Fzr wheels, new forks, *********** rear shock, Brembo brakes. You just have to tell it what to do, instead of just thinking about it on the 919. Happy motoring.
I almost suggested it'd be worth replacing the suspension :)
Since you've already done that, you've probably got a very nice FJ now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.