Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just got me a 2001 929 and she's awesome. Has a slip on can that's a bit loud so bought a stocker off ebay. Opened fedex and found 3 small holes drilled into the underside 2 up near the flange and 1 back near the end. Wondering if these are standard? Weep/drain holes maybe? Can't say I've ever seen holes in any other canisters on any of the other bikes I've had. One up near the flange is a bit bigger and goes clear thru to chamber. The other 2 smaller holes seem to only penetrate aluminum shell. Pics attached.
Thanks, Ben

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi, Just got me a 2001 929 and she's awesome. Has a slip on can that's a bit loud so bought a stocker off ebay. Opened fedex and found 3 small holes drilled into the underside 2 up near the flange and 1 back near the end. Wondering if these are standard? Weep/drain holes maybe? Can't say I've ever seen holes in any other canisters on any of the other bikes I've had. One up near the flange is a bit bigger and goes clear thru to chamber. The other 2 smaller holes seem to only penetrate aluminum shell. Pics attached.
Thanks, Ben
Drain holes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's good to hear. looking at that cone off the mid pipe I guess the clean thru larger hole won't leak too much. Stealth time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts