Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I wondering if you can help me out????

I have a 2008 CBR1000rr with a Slip on yoshi, When I rev over 8ooo RPM smoke starts coming out of the exhaust, I have to say the throttle isn’t as responsive as it used to be and I haven't had it tune since placing Yoshi on.

Any ideas?

Any ideas? :idunno:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah it's way rich, OR you didn't say how old the spark plugs are.

Could just be time for new plugs. Or could be filthy injectors. If it were me, first thing I'd do would be put new plugs in it and run a full can of sea foam through a tank of gas.

Start with the common/basic stuff first.

At any rate you have to get it "in tune" before you go "tuning" it because if you don't you'll have it hot rodded from the wrong base point and set the engine up to die. And when you do go hot rodding it, spend the money on having it dialed in on a dyno so that you can maximize your investment in performance.

My RR has a PC3, I prefer it for the commonly available maps. Every dyno shop worth going to has the software to make your own custom maps as well (essential with forced induction).

Just my 2 cc's...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Full can.

Full tank (my smallest fuel tank is 4.3 gallons though so take that into consideration). Even so you really can't do a "harmful overdose" with sea foam, for some purposes it's just wasting it.

Run it through.

The dosage you were recommended is for maintenance and minor cleaning, this is the dosage for heavy cleanup.

If the valves and combustion chambers are truly filthy dirty I'll pour it directly into full manifold vacuum with engine running and flood the engine to stall at half a can. Put the rest in the tank. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and make damn sure it's outside when you start it cos it's gonna smoke like a mother while it cleans up. Helluva show if it's filthy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.