1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.

Post no. 955

Looks like I'm shopping Triumphs, lol.

Here's a couple shots from a great morning ride yesterday with Bigkid, new RC51 owner, on the Loess Hills Scenic Byway all of 30 minutes north of my home...

Sweet RC51 you got there, 'kid.

(That was the second time I've ridden an RC, but I was able to give this one the whip a little bit. Great fun, these big twins.)

Anyway, I'm now back amongst my post whoring bretheren!

Y'all didn't think I'd really stay away that long, did you?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nope, didn't think you could... there is counseling, you know

<embrace fellow riders mode>

Nice to have you back Chain

</embrace fellow riders mode>

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lmao @ you guys!

Alright, I'm working on even MORE color, but you'll have to be patient with me. Baby steps, okay?

As far as the hills go, they are on the east side of the state line, along the Missouri River Valley - in IOWA. (You didn't read the imbedded link ref the Loess Hills, did you?) You're right, there aren't any hills like that in the Cornhusker State, but this stuff is literally minutes from my house, so no worries.

Hey, Conq, can I get credit for the 231 PMs I wrote in the last few days? My counter would look mighty fine with nearly 1,200 posts! (j/k of course)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
nomad : I never will understand how you keep your bikes that clean.  Sick I tell you, Sick!
thats how you can tell who has been to prision...they get in those cracks with a tooth brush really well!!!

No, I keep mine new clean too...you have to. Its the way it should be. I clean the heck out of mine after every ride.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
showmethebombs : Quote (nomad @ July 14 2003, 4:07pm)I never will understand how you keep your bikes that clean.  Sick I tell you, Sick!
thats how you can tell who has been to prision...they get in those cracks with a tooth brush really well!!!  

No, I keep mine new clean too...you have to.  Its the way it should be.  I clean the heck out of mine after every ride.
But don't you have rain? Road grime? Winter salts? Tar? Sand? Dirt? Dry Wall in your garage? Sheeeesh. Truly sick.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome back chain!(I didn't know you went anywhere.)

I finally get to see the M4 pipe.....very nice!

That looks very good on your bike. You're getting a little crazy there with all that color. There is nothing wrong with red on a Honda!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pczach : You're getting a little crazy there with all that color.
Yeah, I got a little nutty there all of a sudden didn't I pczach?

SMTB, lol, I forgot that riding an RC means you bat for the other team. Bigkid will love hearing that.

Nomad, I ride in rain without the slightest reservation and did a full day in a downpour at the Hoot. I even had to do a few hundred yards of gravel on Sunday's ride with Bigkid. As relaxed as I am about riding my bike in foul weather (including winter), I'm religious about the way I clean and care for my machines. Bucket, warm water, good car wash soap (or a total cycle cleaner such as Bike Brite for instance) followed by a good rinse, treatment with the leaf blower, and some Honda Spray Polish/Wax is what I do to ensure the bike looks virtually showroom fresh all the time.

SoCal, the Corbin is quite nice. I'd say it's roughly the same as the Sargent but for the fact it's slightly more dished (reducing legroom by a fraction). It's got a pronounced nut hump up front as well, but I can still ride balls to tank (as I like to do when riding spiritedly). I got a good deal on it used, so I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ND4SPDSHO : You pansy, is this all you could take?  
Ahem, even I couldn't resist the thought of seeing Ms. Giant Boobies in the flesh. Or didn't you read the other thread?

Muhahaha!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts