Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the day that i was supposed to pick up my new '03 954 from the dealer, the same bike i have been waiting to be delivered for nearly 2 weeks; and good old mr. winter decides to make it snow 3-6". :rant:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oh, man! That's gotta be really hard to take, dude. You must be climbing the walls. I feel for you. :crying: Really, I do. I think we all do.

Patience, Grasshopper. The snow can't last. In a week you'll be riding (I hope).

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Anticipation ain't a bad thing! :thumb: Well, maybe in this case it is. Hope you get "ridable" weather soon, 'cause you are not gonna believe the fun to be had :eyebrows: .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tell me bout it! We have had nice weather here in Western Canada but couple weeks back we were dumped with an insane amount of snow plus -30 degree temperature plus wind chill! Now i'm patiently waiting for the street cleaners to get rid of all the gravel so I can start riding my new bike. So I feel for ya but be patient:)

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
How about moving out of that ice box??? I guess it wouldnt persuade you if I told you it was 80 degrees here today and I've been wearing shorts to work for 2 weeks :) :) :) It always boggles my mind why anyone would live someplace like that. :crying: :huh: :idunno:

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
How about moving out of that ice box??? I guess it wouldnt persuade you if I told you it was 80 degrees here today and I've been wearing shorts to work for 2 weeks :) :) :) It always boggles my mind why anyone would live someplace like that. :crying: :huh: :idunno:
Eh, the changing seasons are great. I lived in Florida for 32 years, and I don't know what Cali is like, but the traffic down there absolutely sucked major ass. Year round riding weather just doesn't make a difference when you're constantly riding from one parking lot to another, which is what Florida roadways are.

I'll gladly give up a couple of months worth of riding to enjoy these empty twisting roads that are two minutes from my driveway. It's much more worth it in the end. I can ride for two hours around my neck of the woods and not see more than twenty or thirty cars the entire trip.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It was around 90deg F here today, everyone was at work. I was out riding! :evilaugh:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I feeling ya! I'm in Massachusetts, and we just got about 6 - 8 inches with some more expected on Friday. I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad I only have one more week of this CRAP, and then I'm off to Tennessee! :clap:

JBird

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya it sucks we got 3 inches in Michigan. Hope it al melts the dragstrip opens next weekend, only if the snow is gone. :whine:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even here in California the weather is not always perfect. I remember when I first got my Superhawk, it rained for two weeks straight :crying: . At least I had it in the garage and could just stare at it. Don't worry time to ride will come very soon.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
New954RRider said:
today was the day that i was supposed to pick up my new '03 954 from the dealer, the same bike i have been waiting to be delivered for nearly 2 weeks; and good old mr. winter decides to make it snow 3-6". :rant:
Did you get the faster red colour?

Sucks about the snow...but spring isn't far off. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Today.....St Patty's day here in Madison Wi...I woke up to a snow storm....and we aren't very far north....about the same Lat. as Chicago

·
Registered
219 Posts
dirkmc1 said:
Today.....St Patty's day here in Madison Wi...I woke up to a snow storm....and we aren't very far north....about the same Lat. as Chicago
Hey dirkm, i hear ya, i'm from northwest burbs of chicago and i'm sooo ready for spring man, now there is salt all over the roads again :rant:

How is the riding in madison?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although it snowed another 3" in my area yesterday, i was finally able to pick up my bike from the dealer :clap: . luckily the snow melted by mid-day but it was pretty cold getting it home.

Ghost- i got the even faster titanium color.

Gforce- northeast is a great place to live. i love to see the seasons change; just image no snow on christmas?!?! :thumbd: what really boggles my mind is why someone would like to have sweaty nuts all year round :crying: :huh: :idunno: too much sun rotts your brain.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
New954RRider said:
what really boggles my mind is why someone would like to have sweaty nuts all year round :crying: :huh: :idunno:
Sweaty nuts are a good thing - try it, you'll like it! Much better than having icicles hanging off your scrotum. :D

Congrats on getting the bike :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts