Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Friggin' global warming. Delivering all this record snow and record cold temps.

That was our storm earlier this week. The thunder/lightning during a snowstorm thing is pretty cool.
We've been breaking low temp records all over the state for the last few days.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Today's Times:

Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are still being picked. Butterflies, dragonflies and even mosquitoes are still flitting about the countryside.
Swallows, blackcaps and chiffchaffs have stayed in Britain for the winter. Lawns need cutting, sheltered trees are still in leaf, thrushes and blackbirds have started to sing. People in Central London yesterday were walking around in short sleeves and pavement cafés were as busy as summer.
Yep, this global warming is a nightmare scenario.

·
Registered
954 Posts
22 centimeters of snow here in the last 12 hours with another 10-15 coming tomorrow. Temperatures nothing to complain about though only around -5C or so. Good Ol' Sudbury weather :smilebig:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
At this point, the state of Utah has a snowpack ~120% of normal.
Of course, the winter hasn't truly begun and we are now going into the two snowiest months, but so far our winter season is starting off just fine.
And after the last two years being above normal snowpack, one of which was FAR above normal, just a plain ol' normal winter snowpack would be great. Then again, the ski industry people would disagree with that sentiment.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Im in the South and I say, "Bring on the SNOW !!!!!!!!" Every year I have to make a trip through the Mountains just to have a snowball fight. I want to see some of that fluffy white stuff right here in GA.

As for Thunder and Lightening; As a general rule here in the South I normally always hear a little Thunder at some point during the snowfall when it arrives.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Frickin' southerners...can't handle a little of the white stuff. :rolleyes: :D
Yup. I love the snow. I was actually pretty pissed that the storm only left a few inches of snow at my place. Not even enough to play in.
Now the four plus feet up top it left is helping make a good base for skiing. Almost enough to go ski in now.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Yup. I love the snow. I was actually pretty pissed that the storm only left a few inches of snow at my place. Not even enough to play in.
Now the four plus feet up top it left is helping make a good base for skiing. Almost enough to go ski in now.
Does your wife ski/snowboard?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I never believed in thundersnow until we had it in Evansville last year or two years ago something like that.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
No, she doesn't like the snow so much. Thinks you're cold when you ski no matter how much I tell her otherwise. :idunno:
Wow, our wives must be related. Mine doesn't either and I'm looking for places to go between Christmas and New Years since the kids will be at their dad's house.

Figured if Utah was good enough for the Olympics I might lower my standards. :cool:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Wow, our wives must be related. Mine doesn't either and I'm looking for places to go between Christmas and New Years since the kids will be at their dad's house.

Figured if Utah was good enough for the Olympics I might lower my standards. :cool:
:rotfl: Dirty standard lowerer. You could always make it a training mission, there is a base right near my house that those big mean choppas fly out of.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts