Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much as I adore my Blade, I must admit to being quite fascinated by the new Beemer S1000RR sportsbike.

The traction control and ABS magic seem spiffy and given the way reviewers are impressed with the bike itself, maybe it's time for a switch?

Or is this just because I am a bit old?:rotfl:

Anybody ridden the "S"?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
And maybe the 193bph.. From what I've read, supposedly handles better than any of the other superbikes and even as well are better than the 600's as well..

·
Registered
102 Posts
No I for one wont be considering the change, even if I did have the funds I love my blade far to much, plus after having a really good close look at them I just dont think they are aswell finished as I expected them to be. (what with being a BMW and all)
You got a lot of catching up to do! You wait til you start getting the "silver" hairs :D
I started getting silver hairs from the age of thirty and now have more than my dad, :huh: oh well at least there not falling out.:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I for one wont be considering the change, even if I did have the funds I love my blade far to much, plus after having a really good close look at them I just dont think they are aswell finished as I expected them to be. (what with being a BMW and all)

I started getting silver hairs from the age of thirty and now have more than my dad, :huh: oh well at least there not falling out.:D
Kuh! You youngsters!;)

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Definitely no loyalty here to a multinational I just love the blade I have. Price is steep too for the beemer but if I thought of giving something else a try think it would have to be the Aprilla.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Much as I adore my Blade, I must admit to being quite fascinated by the new Beemer S1000RR sportsbike.

The traction control and ABS magic seem spiffy and given the way reviewers are impressed with the bike itself, maybe it's time for a switch?

Or is this just because I am a bit old?:rotfl:

Anybody ridden the "S"?
wait untill its out awhile,in case it burns oil or needs a new clutch or the exhaust rots or the hose needs a new clamp.
i will never again buy a bike in its 1st year out

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
That's more money yet, I believe?
Thats true think another 4k more I think

wait untill its out awhile,in case it burns oil or needs a new clutch or the exhaust rots or the hose needs a new clamp.
i will never again buy a bike in its 1st year out
Mmm very good point but maybe bmw learnt from another manufacturers mistakes ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The S1000RR does look like an awesome bike, but as I don't buy new bikes there is no way I will be getting one - it's 6x the money of my Blade, I doubt it can give me 6x the fun!

Besides, my next bike won't be a sports bike anyway.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The new BMW seems like an awesome bike and time will tell but not being a BMW fan, I don't see one in my future. Can't get that ugly ancient boxer engine out of my mind even though this new bike is not one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The new BMW seems like an awesome bike and time will tell but not being a BMW fan, I don't see one in my future. Can't get that ugly ancient boxer engine out of my mind even though this new bike is not one.
Similarly, a person could hold it against Honda for also making Dough-viles and all that big trailie rubbish.;)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Similarly, a person could hold it against Honda for also making Dough-viles and all that big trailie rubbish.;)
True Honda has made some not so attractive bikes but that Boxer motor has been BMW's mainstay engine design and still remains today(with impovements of course). Hard to knock though something as successful as their GS. My buddy has one. Just pains me to look at them and listen to them run.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts