Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so San Diego is beyond hot right now... triple digits downtown yesterday, which does not happen.

Now, my power went out, so my little AC unit in my bedroom has died. I now have to find someone with working AC to go chill with.

You would think since energy is so damn f-ing expensive down here they could at least invest in equipment that doesn't break when it gets hot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
99 degrees at work in huntington beach yesterday and 111 at home in the 909(corona). it's already hot and humid right now. had thunderstorm and about 3 minutes of rain and a 2 second earthquake. hahaha.

upside: a/c works, pool in the backyard.:eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It's a lovely 75 degrees with a cool, refreshing, light breeze. Sporadic cloud cover. Overall, a lovely New England afternoon. :D

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
OK, so San Diego is beyond hot right now... triple digits downtown yesterday, which does not happen.

Now, my power went out, so my little AC unit in my bedroom has died. I now have to find someone with working AC to go chill with.

You would think since energy is so damn f-ing expensive down here they could at least invest in equipment that doesn't break when it gets hot.
You can come hang out with me. It's only 85 here and my AC is working.

On the other hand, aren't you heading to sandbox soon? It's hotter at night in Baghdad. Throw on all your battle rattle, close all your windows and acclimate.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Ahhh yes the sweetness of HEAT. Just got done riding and sweating in my cowhide...

As for you boys up in the NE enjoying the "cooler" weather there will be no wanking in about two months when the chill starts in about how cold it is.

Suck it up Cali guys. Just think this the worst of it. At least the 7 months other peeps can't ride, we are doing what? Oh yeah baby, ridin'.

Hey, racin' is on. later.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
At least the 7 months other peeps can't ride, we are doing what? Oh yeah baby, ridin'.
The man upstairs just figures you should get it in while you can, bikes don't do so good in the shallow end, even on sandbars :smilebig:

But seriously, what is this a squid forum...even the damn Maine riding season is 8 months, most parts of NE it's 9-10, (just not doing that in leathers). So we're down to 2-3 months of non riding, and the bonus is we actually get 4 different seasons for that :cool:

Granted it sorta makes these a waste, but what the hell - I get bored of riding my bike sometimes too.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

Awww, poor baby....

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
The man upstairs just figures you should get it in while you can, bikes don't do so good in the shallow end, even on sandbars :smilebig:

But seriously, what is this a squid forum...even the damn Maine riding season is 8 months, most parts of NE it's 9-10, (just not doing that in leathers). So we're down to 2-3 months of non riding, and the bonus is we actually get 4 different seasons for that :cool:

Granted it sorta makes these a waste, but what the hell - I get bored of riding my bike sometimes too.

When the frost hits. The bike goes away. Black ice and crap on the road. Then again, you guys will ride in 40 degrees. We won't, cause we don't have to. And that crap you get from Nov-Mar, :nono: . I have been in Maine, for 3 LOOOOOOOOOOONG yrs. Never saw anything out after thanksgiving and usually didn't see or hear 'em again until may. BUT, everyone is different. Someone in MN told me they say bikes out with 10 in of snow on the ground.:nono:

Ride well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts