Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, one year ago I purchased my first motorcycle, a Honda Cbr 600 f3!:thumb: One month later it was completely disassembled and I've sandblasted the frame and powdercoated it in charcoal, sprayed the motor in black, resprayed the fairings and added an airtech solo tail as well as aftermarket mirrors and blinkers... :p Yesterday I went to a track school and had so much fun and adrenaline I can't wait to get back there... :smilebig: Unfortunately, as can be seen on the last picture, I've had a minor issue with the bumpy track and the front brakes, which caused the front wheel to lock up and the bike to fall down...:crying: But then I went back with my scratched knee and torn pants to finish the day! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was at circuit Ste-Croix, in Quebec, Canada. The center of the track was flooded of about 3 and a half feet of water as can be seen on 2 pictures...

·
Registered
283 Posts
...sorry to hear about the get off...

that water made me nervous in the pictures...

what did you spray the motor with? rattle can?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Too bad about your tumble. Upgrading your suspension and tires will help prevent that from happening again. :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I used rattle can to spray the engine and it seems not too bad. I was really happy when I realized that I was able to hang with zx-10's and 636, and was faster than sv650s... I know it was more about the pilot but.... :woohoo:

The real thing is, next time I'll get frame sliders and race fairings. I really need to get friendly with my suspensions adjustments in order to make it work perfectly. And on the track my brake lever came spongy which means oil began to boil into my calipers... I had fresh Castrol Dot 4 brake oil but I'm gonna flush and get Motul RBF600. There's a big difference I heard of...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
and to help avoid tumbles move your body off the bike. see RedRider's avatar for how to get off the bike.

sorry to hear about your tumble but you did the best thing, getting right back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts