Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight i was on a cleaning rampage....well I went down to the shower and started using the cleaner KABOOM on the soap scum...and there was some mildew I wanted to blow away....well the Kaboom was one thing...but I wanted to use some bleach too...so I tossed some of that in the mix. :eek: So then the liquid turned to a white bubbly substance....right away I turned on the shower...my eyes started to water, and I could feel the gas in my lungs...I ran out of the room leaving the shower on, and the ceiling vent on...I then went back (about 10 Min later) and washed out the shower with a bucket of water. Now the crazy smell is gone (toxic gas of some sort) and I feel fine. So I am wondering how much longer is will be til I die. I really hope I did no perminat damage to myself. I felt fine after I got out of there.

On the back of the bottle it says do not mix with bleach/other items :rant: I probably should have paid more attention. :rolleyes: Anyone else ever done something this retarded, that is willing to admit it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
Call the poison control center. You'll probably be ok, but there's no harm in double checking.

I used to work for a swimming pool company and worked with some pretty nasty chemicals. I assure you, there's not much that can top opening a chlorinator to find a ton of wet chlorine that didn't disolve like it should have. It'll get ya quick.

Or how about accidentally mixing liquid chlorine with 20° muriatic acid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Yeah, in the shower actually. And it was worth it.

I worked in a hospital kitchen and a member of the morning crew (NOT ME!) mixed up some brew that led to evacuating a wing of the hospital. :nono: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,599 Posts
Lungs are pretty easily irritated, so your instinct probably kept you from getting seriously, or fatally, injured. Chalk it up to experience.

With all the Army NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) training I've had, and multiple gas chamber visits behind me, I don't think I would've reacted much better than you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
This year. Hmmmmmm, always something every year.

I bought one of those DVD/CD storage things at Best Buy. No screws or anything, it just sticks together. One day the damn thing is leaning so I try to push the sides together (too lazy to pull every DVD/CD out of the rack). I get it upright turn my back, and everything goes crushing down. I was so pissed, I threw of the pieces and it put a nice 1/2" gash in the wall. :nono:
But I didn't care, it's not my place, I'm just renting. :evilaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
booth23 said:
This year. Hmmmmmm, always something every year.

I bought one of those DVD/CD storage things at Best Buy. No screws or anything, it just sticks together. One day the damn thing is leaning so I try to push the sides together (too lazy to pull every DVD/CD out of the rack). I get it upright turn my back, and everything goes crushing down. I was so pissed, I threw of the pieces and it put a nice 1/2" gash in the wall. :nono:
But I didn't care, it's not my place, I'm just renting. :evilaugh:
Good story...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
when I was little me and a friend took his chemistry set and mixed everything, yes everything including the sand and then threw in some medicine from the cabinet and one thing made the whole thing just bubble over and left a black stain on his rug. I miss being a kid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

So I guess I am going to be sticking around for a while! :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
showmethebombs said:
LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

So I guess I am going to be sticking around for a while! :smilebig:
wait so you're telling me if I take can make a homemade mustard gas bomb. in one balloon I have bleach then I put another balloon inside that one that has some Kaboom in it and then throw and kaboom (yes pun intended) people will be trying to throw up their own stomachs :evilaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
showmethebombs said:
LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

So I guess I am going to be sticking around for a while! :smilebig:
Good to hear... My mix btw was amonia and bleach... what was I thinking :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,301 Posts
Heres my toxic chem story.

I was removing the paint off my rims of 929 with that harsh smelling aircraft pain remover in the garage. It was in the middle of winter so i had to use a Diesel turbo heater. I got my rims close to done and fired up the heater. Went in the house for about 30 mins and came back out to the garage. walked in and took a deep breath and damn near passed out. got light headed instantly and couldnt breath, couldnt stop my eyes from watering, lungs burning. it really sucked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
stegen said:
Heres my toxic chem story.

I was removing the paint off my rims of 929 with that harsh smelling aircraft pain remover in the garage. It was in the middle of winter so i had to use a Diesel turbo heater. I got my rims close to done and fired up the heater. Went in the house for about 30 mins and came back out to the garage. walked in and took a deep breath and damn near passed out. got light headed instantly and couldnt breath, couldnt stop my eyes from watering, lungs burning. it really sucked
:clap: nice going Stegen :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,761 Posts
When I worked as a dishwasher I used to clean the floors using Lestoil and Bleach, well one night I dumped both on the floor, filled up a pitcher of coke then went outside to take a break while it soaked in. Well after I stepped out a friend of mine that I worked with went in and dumped a cleaner with amonia in it on the floor. You can guess that when we walked back in we were gagging and tears were pouring from our eyes, to get rid of it we wrapped towels around our heads and took turns running in and washing it down the floor drains....that mistake never happened again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
showmethebombs said:
LOL!

Yeah, I called the posion control center...and they were like...no you didn't...I was like...YEAH, I did! I guess it was clorine gas...YUMMY..it will kill you. but I was not in there longer then 30 seconds, and I took care of it quick.

So I guess I am going to be sticking around for a while! :smilebig:
Are you dead yet? I give you until Monday. :eyebrows:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
I was cleaning a pretty messy oven with 1/4" of caked-on crud. I used some super heavy-duty oven cleaner and then proceeded to lean into the oven and scrub away! After about 5 minutes I almost puked in the oven, rolled over on the floor and could barely move. After reading the can I found out you're supposed to use in a well ventilated room while wearing some sort of filter mask?? :idunno: :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top