Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike over and because the stupid frame sliders weren't long enough the stator cover broke along with a piece of the engine case. so i'm looking for a new case but i was wondering how hard it is to swap everything out from the old case into a new one. the only engine i've ever rebuilt was a 1600cc vw beetle motor and that was pretty easy but i'm not at all experienced with motorcycle engines. also what all do i need to purchase before beginning the process i guess i need new bearings, do i need new piston rings? like i said i haven't ever fooled around with a motorcycle engine so any help is appreciated. or maybe a tutorial? that would be great.
thanks in advance

-patrick

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you don't get any more replies over here post it in the general discussion section. More people seem to frequent that thread. I am interested in this topic as well.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I did look at this earlier but it seems pointless to write up everything that's already in the workshop manual that you're going to need anyway :)
You also haven't mentioned what sort of motor you need to build.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sorry, it's a 2002 954 motor. i've tried to download the manual multiple times and it has never worked. so i'm kind of at a loss but if anyone has any kind of special instructions for downloading it just let me know.
thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts