Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and they have a brand new '09 R6 sitting there for $7900. I'm thinking "I just bought a dirt bike that cost that much. Why wouldn't I buy a super bike for that"? I'm willing to bet I could even talk them down a little more. She's black and mean looking. I kinda got wood standing there lookin at it! Is that wrong? I know this is a Honda forum but I'm kinda a whore for them bikes, I don't care what side of the tracks they're from. What to do!!!:huh:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Um really? Like you said W, you're on a honda fireblades forum. I respect Yamaha, but c'mon, really? an R6? That's not a super bike like you said. :idunno:

Edit: whoops. I see this is a yama forum? what? fireblades.org right? yamaha subsection. ok.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I would just buy a used whatever sportbike you want with $4000 and save your chips. For this price you can get the same exact bike with 3-4k miles on it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input folks. I'm prolly not gonna buy it anyway. I really got the bug bad right now though. My bike shop has quite a few older brand new bikes right now,Kawi, Suk but no Hondas but it's really hard not to take a hard look at some of these bikes! I need to see some Hondas first I guess. I'm not gonna sign the dotted line on anything 'til prolly April or June next year anyway, so I got time.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The only wrong part was the getting wood. I can understand excited, but popping a chubby over a bike. Just kidding. It's a great bike and a used 09 with under 5k miles on it goes for 7K. find out why it is still there and then if it's not a deal breaker scoop it up. The R6 is a great bike. I would buy an R1 in a heart beat even though I am a tried and true Honda guy. I was even looking at them online last night. I'm excited for you even, but no Chub..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention one important thing; although I'm doing good financially, I don't have several thousand laying around right now so although buying a used bike for 4K is a great idea, and it is, I just don't have the lettuce. Right now is a great time for someone to buy a "new" bike, it's a buyers market for sure so I'll be buying on time. I'll most likely save a few grand 'tween now and next August though just for a decent down to help keep the payment small. I CAN tighten my belt enough to pull that off even with the home remodel, and F2 build ongoing! Anymore "creative financing" ideas? I love the thought of being on my new ______ carving up the canyons next Summer!:hyper:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Krazed has one and loves it. Personally, I could put $7k to better use.
I do love my R6, just one thing.. Does not make a very good street bike. They do make great track bikes though, which is the end plan for mine.

$7900 is not that bad, especially if it is brand new. But you should be able to talk them down that much more. Especially seeing how 2012s are already out.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Unless you have stellar credit, and you just may have, I can't see extending yourself for a new 600. You already have a f2 you're building. That's your commuter. Man, go liter if your financing. And canyon carving. 2 of my riding buddies ride R1's...

Here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I financed my R6.. What is wrong with that? I do not have the greatest credit, I figured this could help out my credit.

Plus things fell through with my previous job, so paying cash went down the drain pretty quickly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have stellar credit. Not necessarily a good thing. But, I do like the idea of having a liter bike. :smilebig: I don't remember if I mentioned the 2012(or '11) Gixxer 750 they have up there. They sure think a lot of it though!$$$$

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I financed my R6.. What is wrong with that? I do not have the greatest credit, I figured this could help out my credit.

Plus things fell through with my previous job, so paying cash went down the drain pretty quickly.
:idunno:

I was afraid I'd touch a nerve with you, but that's just my opinion. You ride a 600, I ride a liter.

The less your credit score, the more your interest rate on a loan. W mentioned that he already has some irons in the fire, so that's gonna show as debt. A lender looks at income to debt ratio, along with other specifics like credit score and payment history, to determine the interest rate for that particular loan. In this case a motorcycle. So a good down payment up front, and in a couple years from now that R1 has much better resale than an R6. 600's are everywhere. huge inventory on the used market. More than the 1000's
Plus, (and I can say this from esperience as the most qualified unprofessional in my own mind), if you want to canyon carve, well, 400 more cc's is a beautiful thing :)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Unless you have stellar credit, and you just may have, I can't see extending yourself for a new 600. You already have a f2 you're building. That's your commuter. Man, go liter if your financing. And canyon carving. 2 of my riding buddies ride R1's...

Here they are.
R1 is the last of the Japanese 4 litre bikes I would ever buy, especially 09 and up, 04-06 weren't that bad........but R6 would probably be my first choice in the 600 world, with that being said the cost of a new gsxr 750 is only 400 dollars more than a new 600, so for me that is a no brainer...400 for an extra 20hp....best all around bike I ever owned.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:idunno:

I was afraid I'd touch a nerve with you, but that's just my opinion. You ride a 600, I ride a liter.

The less your credit score, the more your interest rate on a loan. W mentioned that he already has some irons in the fire, so that's gonna show as debt. A lender looks at income to debt ratio, along with other specifics like credit score and payment history, to determine the interest rate for that particular loan. In this case a motorcycle. So a good down payment up front, and in a couple years from now that R1 has much better resale than an R6. 600's are everywhere. huge inventory on the used market. More than the 1000's
Plus, (and I can say this from esperience as the most qualified unprofessional in my own mind), if you want to canyon carve, well, 400 more cc's is a beautiful thing :)
My interest rate was not to bad really, it probably helped that I had 20% down on it.

As for the R1, I am like Spina.. It is the last of the Jap litre bikes that I would buy. Friend of mine had an 09 with the same parts as my R6.. He sold it to another guy we know and is getting the 2012 anniversary bike now. Dont get me wrong, they are nice bikes.. I just would prefer to get something different.

As for canyon carving, My one buddy couldnt get away from me in the corners. Him on the R1 and myself on my R6, as soon as we got onto a decent length straight.. He was gone. Otherwise my R6 did perfect in the corners.

My next bike will be a litre bike for sure. Although, I might pick up a Ducati 1098 if the price is right. I do want more power, but I still wont sell my R6. As I had said earlier, this bike will be turned into a track bike. Where it belongs, as the R6 is not good on the street.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I just wiki'd that 1098. That looks like a very worthy twin. I love the torque. You can squirt out of corners like greased lightning. Long as you got good hook-up with a good tire.
I follow 2 guys on another forum who own Duc's. They both say they spend as much on annual up-keep for their Duc's as for all the upgrade's and bolt-ons for their RC51's. Thing is, you don't need to upgrade the Duc as much, especially the newer one's. But the maintenence, Aye!!!
That's what I like about honda's in general. Pretty forgiving if you let it slide a time or two. And who hasn't done that?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Only thing I am bad with, is lubing my chain haha. I rode it over 450miles on the highway.. just to remember that I had no lube at my destination :( I had to go buy some, turns out they dont carry the brand I usually use. Oh well.. I will plan that out better next time.

The Duc's are more up keep, I like them because they go with my sidi's haha.. I like Italian gear, so I guess I must get an Italian bike to go with them. I have a friend who has a 1098 and he might sell it to me come spring time, so we shall see what the price is. Might give me a deal who knows.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts