Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn near choked when I got our bill for over $450 for December's natural gas usage. :rant: Told the family they better start wearing their woolies because the thermostat is getting turned waaaay down from now on...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Ouch, damn, holy shit.... I hate it in winter when my electric gets to $150... And I don't even have gas..... that's gotta hurt...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Dayum! I'm on the "equal payment plan" so the pain gets spread out evenly throughout the year.
THAT was a great idea for this year. i remember when i lived up there, i thought it was kinda dumb. but since the crap has hit the fan with oil and gas is surely pays off.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should add that we have gas fireplaces that we use more than we probably should be with gas prices soaring...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
lower your thermostat - i keep mine at 66. the wife HATES it, but our electric doesn't go above 110

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The budget plan certainly is nice, but wait until they make the annual adjustment for next year!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Red Rider said:
I should add that we have gas fireplaces that we use more than we probably should be with gas prices soaring...
My inlaws got blistered by that this year... :evilaugh:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bubba said:
lower your thermostat - i keep mine at 66. the wife HATES it, but our electric doesn't go above 110
I did after getting the bill. It's set at 66. Now I just have to figure out a way to lock it so no one can change it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We tried keeping our thermostat turned way down but the tenants tend to get very angry at us!!! I'm a baby when it gets cold but I'm all for the extra sweatshirts this year with the oil prices the way they are... :crap:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
bubba said:
THAT was a great idea for this year. i remember when i lived up there, i thought it was kinda dumb. but since the crap has hit the fan with oil and gas is surely pays off.
Thanks, yeah. I've always been on it. When my parents had the house, they were on it and I left it that way when I changed the billing to me. Part of the reason was that the meter rarely got read-once a year, maybe-so the bills have been estimates. I finally got them to come out and install a remote meter, so I'm now getting actual usage. We'll see how the adjustment goes for the equal payment plan in 6 months. I also installed a new high efficiency boiler this year, so I'm hoping that helps keep the bill close to what it was. We'll see...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I do live in an 1000 sq ft apt which is why but our electric bill (base board heat) was only $42 this month, our water bill this month was more.

The only problem with the easy plans is that your normally have a HUGE bill at the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts