Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
$380.00 in gas and 210 in electricity folks.

That is for a 3400 square foot home plus off and on heating of the basement when in the studio.... another 1400 square feet...... gas heat, water, dryer... everything else electricity.

total bill almost 600 .... turned the thermostat down to 64.... everyone is bundling up.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
DEPO said:
$380.00 in gas and 210 in electricity folks.

That is for a 3400 square foot home plus off and on heating of the basement when in the studio.... another 1400 square feet...... gas heat, water, dryer... everything else electricity.

total bill almost 600 .... turned the thermostat down to 64.... everyone is bundling up.
Co-op or NIPSCO?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Get a timed one :thumb:
Even here in NC, in a mild month, with a 66 degree thermostat setting, my gas bill was $105... No gas fireplace usage and only the heat and the water heater is gas. Wow. And Red, if you get a timed termostat model, even if they change it, unless they touch 'hold', it'll return to the programmed temperature at the next time 'zone'... I am sure most models have a way to lock people out!

·
Registered
887 Posts
$237 for this past month...and that for no fireplace usage, constant thermo at 69 and the occasional 70 on a cold night, with a gas water heater in a 1970 sq ft. place.....fuggin PSNC energy is killing me!!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
So...I was serious when I asked "that's it?" :)

We average about $700-800 a month for oil. I blame that on the fact that there are 4 girls in the house.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
nhfirefighter13 said:

We average about $700-800 a month for oil. I blame that on the fact that there are 4 girls in the house.
:sless: Holy chit...I don't feel so bad now.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:

With all your money I'd burn mine.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Red Rider said:
Damn near choked when I got our bill for over $450 for December's natural gas usage. :rant: Told the family they better start wearing their woolies because the thermostat is getting turned waaaay down from now on...
Dayam, in my house in "balmy" Nor Cal EVERYTHING is electric, and I used to bitch about $200+ bills because there was NO gas...maybe we caught a break, I would guess the bill will be about $250-$300 this month..I was always under the assumption that electricity was more expensive thatn gas...maybe NOT

21 - 38 of 38 Posts