Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who needs 120 pounds of useless fat dangling off the back their bike? Get rid of unwanted annoyance and enjoy the best social atmosphere riding has to offer! Equip your 954 with a solo cowl! Easiest mod you'll ever do (2 bolts, thats it), replaces your stock seat with a racy solo cowl that preserves your trunk and helmet lock.

This is an OEM cowl, not some cheap ill fitting piece of Chinese rip off crap. Fits the 954. This was on mine for awhile but is still in excellent shape. First $100 gets their bike looking radical.

The 954rr was way ahead of its time, the power of a literbike with the weight of a 600cc bike. Treat yours to the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't think there was an OEM solo cowl for the 954...got mine online and it looks exactly the same...does it have a Honda part no. printed on the underside to indicate that it is indeed a Honda genuine part?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I didn't think there was an OEM solo cowl for the 954...got mine online and it looks exactly the same...does it have a Honda part no. printed on the underside to indicate that it is indeed a Honda genuine part?
Yes there is an OEM cowl. If you want the actual part# I can look when I go out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who needs 120 pounds of useless fat dangling off the back their bike? Get rid of unwanted annoyance and enjoy the best social atmosphere riding has to offer! Equip your 954 with a solo cowl! Easiest mod you'll ever do (2 bolts, thats it), replaces your stock seat with a racy solo cowl that preserves your trunk and helmet lock.

This is an OEM cowl, not some cheap ill fitting piece of Chinese rip off crap. Fits the 954. This was on mine for awhile but is still in excellent shape. First $100 gets their bike looking radical.

The 954rr was way ahead of its time, the power of a literbike with the weight of a 600cc bike. Treat yours to the best.

Is this still for sale?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies for not checking this thread, I thought I had this site rigged to send me E-mails and must have bolluxed it. Anyhow, I still have the cowl and it is indeed for sale. If anyone really wants I can take a photo of the underside and post it up, as far as I know it's a genuine Honda part. It certainly fits on the bike as if it were one. This isn't an ill-fitting Chinese piece of crap.

This cowl is in extremely good shape. There are a few little scratches, which is the worst thing I can say about it. It will work just like your back seat, it attaches with the seat attach bolts and will maintain the functions of your helmet lock and rear trunk. Makes your bike look very sporty. I doubt there are too many floating around.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's the OEM Honda part I am good to go with pay palif you can ship to S Carolina inc in the $100

Can't get to pm you, as not been on the site long enough
Sounds good. I do indeed have a paypal account and will be happy to ship it to South Carolina. The UK is another matter. Just need to know where to send the receipt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds good. I do indeed have a paypal account and will be happy to ship it to South Carolina. The UK is another matter. Just need to know where to send the receipt.

Hi
Still can't see how to pm you. Can you pm me?
Or email me, so I can send you address in S Carolina and get your paypal details
Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We do have a problem here. This site is our only means of communication, and I can't contact you privately. I really don't want my E-mail or address splashed over this site, I hope that's understandable. If you can figure out a way to make some sort of private communication I'll get you payment details and we'll get this in the works. $100 and the cowl is yours. You'll love the way it makes your bike look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My understanding is that I have to be here for two weeks before I can pm anybody or them me.

However just this am I have just been offered one in the UK, so this one is still available.

These are no longer available from Honda, so if you want one,then finding a good used one is your only option.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This one is stamped "Honda" on the bottom, so real it is. I'd include a photo, but the damn thing isn't easy to shoot. There are Chinese knock offs, and I've read (on this site no less) that their fit leaves something to be desired. Given the age of the bikes I doubt there are many OEM cowls around.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope you guys will forgive me for bumping this. I still have the cowl and would like to see it adorning a 954. Pretty things, and not too common anymore.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
To the OP (or anyone listening)

As I understand, these cowls are hard to come by. Someone should make a mold of it to have the part remanufactured to offer to the market. If you don't know how get in touch with me. I'll show you how and we'll work together on making, marketing and selling these at a handsome profit and a fair price to 954 owners.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Knockoffs all over fleabay already, the profit margin is gone the way of the dodo my friend.
+1. The knockoffs may not fit correctly and people have issues with them, the real issue is that many don't want to pay the price for a quality item. People see your price and they see el cheapo price and go with the cheap one. Then they complain and how crappy it is. Look at the bodywork companies; people complain about them and yet they are still selling them because people are buying them. Negative reviews mean nothing as when they are too many, they just change their name and start it all over again.

You can't compete with Chinese companies on price. If they make a $1 they are happy.

There are still some OE's still available. See this post:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/116153-sourcing-cbr-954rr-rear-seat-cover.html#post1233001

·
Registered
752 Posts
:plus1:
I don't have that much experience in the cheap aftermarket market, but the reviews are mixed? Plastics are 50-50 for the discerning owner. Odds and ends have been mostly positive.
I personally have never been disappointed with brake/clutch levers for about $22.00 as opposed to $70-$110. If you can get an old stock OEM part for a reasonable price or a used original that is the best route in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.