Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was just going down the road and the bike just shut off luckily i wasn't far from home so i just pushed it, but after reading alot of posts ive developed a long list of things ive tried to diagnose unfortunately i haven't had much luck. So ill Mention that it reset my miles and my clock on my dashboard and i have no front headlight, turn signals and no fuel pump as well as no backlight on my dashboard i started with checking fuses which were all good then i checked my fuel pump which is getting 12v to the pump so i figured the pump was bad so i jumped it off my battery and it was good so next i moved onto the relays i switched some good ones i had around with the engine stop relay and the fuel relay which are good and didn't solve the problem after that i assumed it was the bas or the killswitch i hot wired the bas and it didnt change anything after that i opened up the kill switch which was functioning perfectly fine no corrosion or anything alarming. at that point i checked the ignition diaode for 8-9v and it was putting out 8.7v and so that was good i figured id try and see if the bike had spark so i started it off starting fluid and it fired up for a second or so and so that was fine. Now whats weird is i gave up that day cause i was exhausted and annoyed i left the bike tworn apart to come back next weekend and when i did i put the key in it and the bike primed and worked fine i even started it and it ran great so that let me know that it has to be a electrical issue, I was so confused the whole reason i went out there was to put it all back together and get a fresh start knowing what i have already done to it and so i did that and as i was going to put the kill switch back together the bike started to mess up again but this time it flickered off and on so i wiggled my kill switch and my ignition around and it died completely im not sure if it was the ignition or the kill switch that caused it but i don't see why my kill switch would work fine but be causing it to do this what do you guys think is the kill switch bad even though it works fine or could it be the ignition which also works fine im just kinda searching for answers at this point thank you !

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Have you tried a load test on the battery, have a look at loose earths,( Especially the central earth) fuses look OK as this seems intermittent ,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the earth boxs under the seat and the one behind the headlight which all looked good and idk how to do a load test the battery isn't even 2 months old yet and I wanted to add when I plug my kill switch into the front breaks they used to make my rear tail light stay on at all times but now it don't nor does the front breaks trigger the tail light i got a nee killswitch coming today however i dont think it's the problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as intermittent Idk why or what caused it to come back on which is what has lead me to believe the kill switch as it stayed strong till I touched it

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Could also be your Starter Button not releasing fully, check all switches and Headlight relay, as the Headlight relay feeds the Earth to Headlights, Signals , did you swap this one out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the starter button does stick sometimes but I usually catch it right away cause the bike keeps turning over but the relays are all good judging off when I came out and it was working magically all the lights worked then and the relay clicks when I go from high to low beam even now with the problem thanks for you help too man I appreciate it !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope so I got a new kill switching coming within the next 3 days I'm hoping that fixes it but I have little faith I've check just about all the switches that weren't in the harness though there is one right before the relay I'll check that then next is I'm have to cut the harness open cause it's gotta be a bad ground inside there I've done mostly everything else

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Yes with the Headlight Relay earth sharing with the indicators that would show why the Indicators/Headlights wont work and of course why sometimes you get no pump prime cos it also shares the Earth with the BAS, so no start either

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check for this yellow plug under your seat. A bunch of green wires going to it. If its burnt up, there’s your problem

changed it from another wire harness i found on ebay for $40. Thankfully it fixed my no brake light issue as well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that plug is like brand new my ignition diode is puttion out 9.75v is that too much for the diode i checked the relay earth plug and its brand new as well idk what else to try i got a new ignition i was gonna try that next im also leaning twords my BAS but i ran a wire between the red and white wire and it didnt change anything what do you guys think thanks !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also with this problem it has reset my mileage and timer on my dashboard could that help locate it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay ill go try it right now my brother also has the same bike so i may be able to just try his bas instead but would the bas really cause my headlights to mess up ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i checked a ground on my kick stand and it didnt ground till it was up is that normal?

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
The sidestand is not an issue of the starter circuit until you select a gear, also pulling in the clutch will prevent it operating,also did you check the headlight fuse and relay, if your brother has the same bike swap his headlight relay with yours to check it works

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I've already swapped all my relays and the other week when it came on magically everything was operational ran fine then eventually it flickered back to the problem I'm getting now which is no headlight no fuel primeing and no turn signals I've already jumped the fuel pump and I already bought a new kill switch and check the bas and every earth clip i could access only thing left is the grounding block or split the harness for a bad wore is 9.75v too much from my ignition diode ?

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
It's not a hard and fast rule with the voltage from the ignition diode, as long as its between 8 and just under 10v its OK, if you lost the mileage on your trip counter it shows there was a break in the power from the battery to the instrument panel , so check the Red wire from the starter relay switch through the fuse box , onto the Red/Green wire to the clocks (you can check for voltage at the Fan Relay)and of course the central earthing block for burning to earths

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay I've checked what I think to be all the earths everything seems in order and as for the wire from the battery I never lose power to the panel it just don't prime or show my light are on as well as them not being on too could it still be a problem ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts