Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll check the wires from the battery today the bike turns over strong but when I unplug my starter solenoid it resets my miles which might be a lead on what the problem is idk I'm willing to believe anything now

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Yes if you disconnect the battery in any way the trip meter will reset, it has a minimal flow to the Clocks, so your bike is turning over and no Pump prime and no headlights , make sure the headlight fuse is intact, is the BAS still isolated?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes turns over no problem just no fuel prime when key is turned and I get a solid red light, my headlights dont work as well as front turn signals but tail lights work and rear turn signals the bas has already been changed for a working one and it didn't change nothing only progress I've got is one day randomly I went to work on it and the problem was fixed then as I was putting it back together it flickered on and off then off for good when it did come in the bike ran normal all lights worked fuel primed and it started it's got to be something with the wiring something that can affect the headlight as well as fuel

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
The one common thing that affects Headlights, Indicators, BAS is the Earth wire Green from the harness to the Front Black connector Then its a Black wire to the headlights , Indicators and BAS . would be a good idea to check that wire and the Black connector

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
So I put 12v to my relays and the fuel pump kicks on but when I test them there is already going 12v to them for some reason it's telling them to not do their job but I can jump them and it gets rid of my error light too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
There is power to all my relays but the fuel cut off one something is stopping it from sending power to it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So I grounded this black wire with a blue strip and it also kicks everything back on except my headlights

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think I'm narrowing it down to a bad ground in my headlights cause when I manually ground my headlight everything kicks on

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes it is a bad ground block in my headlights when I manually ground them everything works even my headlights but only the one I've grounded of course so it has to be that ground block behind my headlight I might bypass it and make my own ground unless I can fix it

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Glad you got it fixed :) just for info, although obs that's up by the headlight, is that the plug on the dash or in the loom proper? Looks likes its been getting very hot for some time..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This Is the ground from the earth that grounds the headlights what I assume caused it was new turn signals I wired in but that's just speculation not sure what you mean though

21 - 38 of 38 Posts