Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I own a 2002 954r and I encountered an odd little problem.
I searched through the forum, but nothing did even came close to what I'm experiencing recently. Last weekend I washed my bike and I connected my battery to a charger. After a while I noticed that my right turn signal indicator flashes simultaneously with the HISS light. I tried to turn it off by using the two dashboard buttons as described in the manual, but no luck. I noticed that when the bike is turned of and the key not in place. The turn signal indicator stops when I push the turn signal switch to the right. But when I push the switch again , normally to stop the turn signals, the right turn signal indicator starts to flash again. I really have no idea what could have caused this. Bike looks and runs like new and I don't notice any other mechanical or electrical failures.

Any ideas?

Updated: (European HISS and relay mod for LED turn signals is a no go. Wanted to add in the titel in SOLVED too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Strange HISS problem

Just guessing here....
Sounds like a short or water contamination causing a short. Could be a bad ground someplace? Really, those are strange goings on and may require quite a bit of detective elimination.... Unless somebody else has seen this and fixed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Strange HISS problem

Thanks rudyrov, but I solved the problem.
I did the relay mod for using LED turn signals, but it appears it's a bad combo with HISS. I'm glad I didn't cut the original wires, so I just put the original connectors in place and everything is okay. So guess I'm destined to use resistors after all.

The bike ran a while after the mod without problems, so it didn't occur to me that it could be related.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Glad you solved it, I tried LED turn signals for like 5 minutes and took them off. Have also tried them in my car with less than ideal results.
Really like them at home though! Have them all over the house!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just get clear lenses for your originals, with orange bulbs, look better than oem, and no faff with resistors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts