Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 CBR900RR which is totally stock engine/pipe wise. I'm looking into getting a bolt on 'can', purely for the purpose of getting a nicer note, whilst remaining legal. I'm not after performance gains and not looking at spending a lot of money. It's mainly just to individualise my bike.
I've come across a new Moriwaki can for my model and at a pretty reasonable price (compared to a new Yoshi RS3 and other brands recommended for my bike).
I guess I'm asking if anyone has had any experience with the Moriwaki can and if they can tell me anything (pros and cons). If I get a new can, I will be keeping the stock one anyway for resale etc.
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
No experience with em, never heard one on a bike. Not sure how many cons there are to putting on a new slip on if you aren't worried about any HP coming from it then its all about sounds and looks.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Moriwaki is a good company. I would probably take the chance that it's a good product. But even with 20K+ in mods on my 929, I've kept every stock bit that I've ever taken off, just in case.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Moriwaki is a good company. I would probably take the chance that it's a good product. But even with 20K+ in mods on my 929, I've kept every stock bit that I've ever taken off, just in case.
Plus its just fun to have extra shiny parts in the garage:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have just put a Moriwaki slip-on on my 954. They are hand made titanium from Japan and just for CBR's. GREAT sound, great craftsmanship, power delivery just a tad bit sharper. VERY nice. Got one for half price on Ebay.... but still $300.... worth every penny.

Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. It's hard to know whether or not to buy something when you've had no experience or knowledge of the product. I think I'll take a punt and get it. Thanks again. :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like a good pick. I just picked up a Jardine can for my 954. No great performance improvements, but it is a bit "throatier" and it sure is purty. Got it for 92 bucks including shipping. Like Sinfuldragn said, nice just to new shiny stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts