Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and for those of you that haven't settled on the new Blade, this steed sounds pretty formidable....feast your eyes on This

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
QuikMike said:
and for those of you that haven't settled on the new Blade, this steed sounds pretty formidable....feast your eyes on This
Quote:
"By the way, as far as that power delivery is concerned, if you chop the throttle at the top of fourth it'll easily pick the wheel up and go as long as you are able to hold on for - Doug Domokos is smiling up there somewhere" :)

Gotta fix that gearbox tho'.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
good reading, both of the articles. :thumb:

Lastly, the ergonomics on the Honda were pretty radical from the 954. The 954 is a limousine compared to this bike.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Obviously this bike shares its look with its smaller sibling, the 600RR. One of the things about the six was its ability to get the power down to the ground and to how deliciously easy it was to get going pretty decent due to that fact. This bike is so much the same, but with nearly 50% more beans (I was quoted 174BHP) open the throttle early on this bike and you're greeted with great drive with no wheel spinning drama at all, this makes the bike fast and, more importantly safe. The AZ track was remarkably grippy, sure, but I never saw any spin regardless of how careless or impatient I got. Ham-fisted jockeys unite.
It was good that we had a chance to experience the Honda on both street and race tires and I can't help feel that 75% of street riders will go faster on the calmer feeling CBR in most situations, a typical Honda really.
Heck, if the thing had big boobs and made a decent cup of tea, I'd marry the thing.
Good stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts