Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I wouldnt call a single one of the jump plane I've exited "a perfectly good airplane" :) :) :) Yes, the duct tape and stickeres are a structural memeber :)

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you do research on a few places and don't mind driving a bit further for the right one it's not bad at all. The plane ride up was the scariest part.

Yet another expensive potential hobby I didn't need. :rant:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yes, you are crazy. I "respect" heights too much to jump out of my plane.

On a side note, initial USAF ejection training involved hooking yourself up to an open parachute and running behind a Subaru Brat that you were attached to by rope until you went airborne. As the truck sped across the field, you were cut loose a couple hundred feet in the air to practice your landings. My wife brought the instructors coffee that morning and they let her sit in the chairs those things had, holding a video camera. :eek: :rotfl:

:D

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUX said:
Yes, you are crazy. I "respect" heights too much to jump out of my plane.

On a side note, initial USAF ejection training involved hooking yourself up to an open parachute and running behind a Subaru Brat that you were attached to by rope until you went airborne. As the truck sped across the field, you were cut loose a couple hundred feet in the air to practice your landings. My wife brought the instructors coffee that morning and they let her sit in the chairs those things had, holding a video camera. :eek: :rotfl:

:D
You're a pilot and you've never jumped? :loony:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
ND4SPD said:
If I jumped from my plane, it would leave the rest of the crew and passengers very unhappy.

If I had jumped from the one in pilot training, it would have meant that I really F#$d up. :D

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Pilots, who are not skydivers, seem to have a wierd adversion to jumping out of a plane. Every one I have talked to at least. At least half of the jump plane pilots that have flown me have a rig in their cocpit but swear they would NEVER us it, they would take their chances setting the plane down. I guess its all perception, caus if i got a rig and 1000' AGL, I'm out!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just want to congratulate you on your first jump:clap: .....

now lets jump without someone strapped to you...than you'll see what freedom is all about...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Did you get certified to jump by yourself, or was it a tandem jump? I so want to do a tandem jump. I don't want to go through the time and money to get certified for solo jumps, but I'd like to experience the thrill. I have a couple of friends who used to be into it big time.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Very cool... :thumb:

I think all jump buggys are pieces of dung...seems to be a theme...:p
It adds to the fun though....Think Fandango...:evilaugh:

·
Registered
741 Posts
but this one looks like me !!! nothing like hanging from a wing strut at 4K feet doing 90mph in a Cessina 152 (and yes there is alot of duct tape in it too !?)

congrats on your first jump !!!! i had mine about this time last year but now im hooked and am certifiied !!! get ready to get addicted !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Man...I'm tellin ya that the ride on strut was just as much fun as the fall for me. I would have loved to just toured around the countryside hanging off for awhile. My first jump, I hung on the strut for awhile, and the jumpmaster thought I was hesitating...but really, I was just awestruck by the view... LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
Baketech said:
Man...I'm tellin ya that the ride on strut was just as much fun as the fall for me. I would have loved to just toured around the countryside hanging off for awhile. My first jump, I hung on the strut for awhile, and the jumpmaster thought I was hesitating...but really, I was just awestruck by the view... LOL

thats my story exactly, it feels so natural and takes no effort whatsoever, i dont know if it was my superhuman adrenaline strength or it was just that easy !!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts