Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda CBR RR5, great bike - never had a problem - until now!!! Took on ride and stopped for lunch for an hour - went back - wouldnt start. Still wont start. I turn the key and ignition comes on. But front lights do not, fron indicators do not, fuel pump does not prime. the bike will not start, turn over but not fire up. I have checked all the fuses I could find (left fairing and under seat), all fine. Disconnected connectors under tank and left and right fairing,cleaned and re-connected - still no joy!

If ANYONE out there has the SLIGHTEST IDEA, PLEASE HELP before i go crazy. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
:hi:

It could be the red kill switch in the R/H handle bar... They sometimes get corroded and stop working. Try flicking it a bit.. If not, open it up and clean the contacts up.

Thats what I think the problem could be anyway.

Btw, :welcome: to the site. Make sure you put some pictures of your RR5 into your gallery :thumb:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Just re-read your post - you say she turns over?

Seems strange. The kill switch would dis-able that...

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds like a connection problem to me. I'd check the wire harness that goes to your indicator panel. check everywhere it hooks up. either that or maybe the ignition switch went bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts